Music shops in dublin (1 Viewer)

chymera

hey,

I've never really had much experience of the music shops in dublin. There's a few musical instruments on my wishlist (namely cheap bass guitar, fender strat and cheap mandolin). What's the best music shop? - ie. where am I least likely to be ripped off?

thanks,
bren

if you can avoid shopping is music shops in dublin, do. you can save up to a 1/3 online or abroad. depends on what you're after really, but it would be cheaper to get pretty much everything on your list on the interweb. if you absolutly have to shop in dublin, it doesn't really matter. music maker and musician inc deal mainly in fenders, you get more gibsons in waltons.

chymera said:
hey,

I've never really had much experience of the music shops in dublin. There's a few musical instruments on my wishlist (namely cheap bass guitar, fender strat and cheap mandolin). What's the best music shop? - ie. where am I least likely to be ripped off?

thanks,
bren

you can get pretty cheap trad insturments(mandolin etc) in mccollough piggots in suffolk st. Ive had my eye on a glockenspeil in their for manys a month

fuck dublin - go to beat it music in Blackrock, Dundalk
brianoak got the most maniacal bass there recently and i got a gibson for around 300 less than dublin price
great for amps and trad stuff too. m'buddy got a Mandola (?) for half of what she saw on t'internet
they're in the phone book - ring em up and see what htey got.

they're great all right - but are they not closed down?

I bought my telecaster there and it's my favourite guitar, plus a fender amp a different time

both cheap but top quality

the grey haired guy in there is cranky as hell

what do you mean?

i particularly enjoy (for the last 5 years) "6 weeks ago an american bought all our orange, hiwatt and sovtek heads"

i was only ever in the backroom once and it was full of amazing shit.

GORILLAMUNCH said:
fuck dublin - go to beat it music in Blackrock, Dundalk
brianoak got the most maniacal bass there recently and i got a gibson for around 300 less than dublin price
great for amps and trad stuff too. m'buddy got a Mandola (?) for half of what she saw on t'internet
they're in the phone book - ring em up and see what htey got.

got a bass head and cab for internet price too.

aye, the sound shop would occasionally get really nice bits in. i remember they had a Fender Bass VI which was a shortscale bass with 5 strings from the late 60's. silly rare and it was there for years.

blackrock is the only good shop in the country though. the whole back room thing gets to me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back