Music Network recording grants (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 60
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 6
By the time you ended up filling out all the forms you'd be too browned off to bother yer bollix playing anything...

Welcome to the world of applying for funding. My life is spent filling in forms and writing bullshit about why I deserve money. It's a skill in itself.

These things are all horseshit.

Theres shit out there half of us plebs would'nt even hear about..never mind knowing anyone in the game to pull the requisite strings

bernard clarke is hardly a bastion of classical conservatism - he was smuggling e.g. 1960s pauline oliveros electronic music CDs into the classical section in tower in the mid-90s. his most recent playlist has tracks from robert lippok and kieran hebden.

theres definitely an arts snobbiness that dismisses rock/indie/singer-songwriter stuff as more of a hobby and questions their motives, compared to 'real' musicians who went to the academy, and theres definitely an art to form filling for grant applications, but theres got to be some rationale other than "we need some cash to record our next album" even if thats what most of the funded projects are effectively doing anyway.

the kate ellis thing still stinks, even in an incestuous scene like dublin.

Anyone calls what I do a hobby is getting a jolly good pop on the chin for their insolance

Although..I have falsely claimed it was a hobby in the past..heh

BARRY-1.jpg

I'm not too impressed with people weighing in saying certain people are 'distraught' about this. Turning an admin problem into something with a victim. Surefire way to stop anything getting fixed.

Ah, I think it's fair to say he regrets causing her distress. From what I can see it isn't her fault and she acted within the parameters of the award rules. The problem is the rules are stupid.

from experience, debate should be broadened to include proper accountability from all arts council-funded organisations or groups, whether revenue or project, for every cent of public money received and spent, especially by de facto CEOs who treat their grant money as a personal purse.

Does accountabilty always produce better outcomes?

Who knows..but the nefarious activity on display in this debacle..is'nt producing much bar animosity and in my particular case..a heightened awareness of the gulf between those in the know and those in the dark.Not that any more awareness was needed.

Ireland is a small place.And it is as far from a meritocracy as one could hope to imagine.

And whatever side of the fence you sit on..its obvious what has gone on here.And its been exposed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back