Music Network recording grants (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 60
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 6
I know two bands that put in strong applications and got zilch. Like you I suspect it all went to the 'artsy' types.

Interesting reading about the last few years of recipients for the grant. There are quite a few people that got it several times over the period listed on their site. Some of the descriptions of the recording projects funded make me wince.

The winners will be listed on the site in a while, I was just curious if my thumped brothers and sisters had any luck. I don't want to do an FOI sulk on it. I might ask Music network for feedback though.

not a sulk - an FOI request for minutes / records of the evaluation process would be interesting.

assuming they're covered by FOI of course.

If they're just funded by the arts council (vs being an arts council operation) then they may not be subject to FOI themselves. Could still be worth an FOI to the arts council looking for any documentation & correspondence relating to the decision criteria / assessment / awarding of grants by music network.

Likewise Snakey - it's not sour grapes, I was just wondering whether this thing has actually opened up to independent music this year.

Here, this is going to sound slightly confrontational but I don't really mean it that way.

Was there some sort of policy change this year that led you all to believe you had a chance of getting these grants? The reason I ask is this. I looked at the winners from the previous few years and they seem to be exclusively contemporary classical/experimental/composed music etc etc. Why would you think you had a chance of getting a grant when this seems to be what they are interested in?

By the way, I'm not saying that this policy is necessarily right or anything .. just curious.

The reason is that guy from the Music Network was on thumped earlier this year encouraging folk to apply, and saying that it wasn't just trad/jazz/classical groups that could apply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back