Murcof (1 Viewer)

Knacker

Website
www.ballroomofromance.com
Went to see Murcof in the Billage on Sunday. Chequerboard is really good... lovely guitar playing. Any of you heads looking for a decent act to play with, you should give him a bell.

Murcof let me down a bit. A more intimate venue would have been nicer... although the sound in that place was the Mae West. Brings out the best in the music. Murcof's Martes album is still great stuff though... overall a nice anidote to a hefty weekend.

One thing got me thinking... the tickets were €15 and it had inc. booking fee.

What the hell is a Booking Fee? Seriously. Is it like a "building building" charge?

Originally posted by Knacker

What the hell is a Booking Fee? Seriously. Is it like a "building building" charge?

it's like the way you already pay tax but the government decides it's a good idea to lob an extra 40 euro charge onto your already overladen credit card as an extra special sort of tax. It's like the way you already pay tax but the government is becoming increasingly more sneaky about taxing you two and 3 times for things you're paying for with your already taxed income. I estimate I'm paying about 95% tax at this rate.

Originally posted by Knacker

One thing got me thinking... the tickets were €15 and it had inc. booking fee.

billy, if you'd payed attention at the meeting on thursday, you would have noticed the promoter of said gig whom you were mailing all week sitting beside a certain long haired american bloke, deep in conversation. said american bloke got a ticket out of said promoter before end of said meeting.

Re: Re: Murcof

Originally posted by herv
billy, if you'd payed attention at the meeting on thursday, you would have noticed the promoter of said gig whom you were mailing all week sitting beside a certain long haired american bloke, deep in conversation. said american bloke got a ticket out of said promoter before end of said meeting.

I saw said American bloke at the gig alright. I wasn't too socialable though, so I kept my outrageous thoughts to me and my pint/s. Having never actually met said promoter who was deep in conversation with said American bloke, I couldn't schmooze a ticket off him.

But yeah... what is a booking fee? Is that for booking the venue or the band or what is it?

Actually.. talking about that Thursday thingy, I'm making great headway into my physical re-mix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back