multi region dvd players (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

what the hell is the story with these yokes? can you just go into a shop and ask for one?

or are they the stuff of shady, under the counter dealings?

are they expensive?

do you think i'm sexy?

best place to go is Maplins, and they're round 100 yo yos, last time i checked. go for the slightly more expensive one if you can find it that also supports discs with DivX ripped and encoded videos. nice.
totally legal, far as i can see, they advertise them in their magazines, no problems there.

and yes, very sexy, although not as sexy as Alan Titchmarsh.

eh, Maplins? is there one in cork? never heard of it.

thanks, i've been making an effort lately

Alan Remorse said:
what the hell is the story with these yokes? can you just go into a shop and ask for one?

are they expensive?

do you think i'm sexy?
eh you can buy them in most decent electrical shops. theyre not too expensive neither.

Cormcolash said:
Totally legal. And if you're getting one ask if they have any phased-plasma rifles in the forty watt range, I can't seem to get one up here. If they don't have any tell them I said "Fuck you asshole."

haha, brilliant... for some reason the blasted thing wont let me give you rep points. by the way i e-mailed the arnocrops asking if they'll give an interview for the zine...

k, i'm getting me a multi region yoke then. only want one so i can get the uncut version of re-animator, for fuck sake

Alan Remorse said:

are they expensive?

do you think i'm sexy?
I "chipped" our DVD player a couple of years back to make it all-region - works a treat

but since then multi-regions are commonplace. I got a cheapo one for my room - €70 on New Years Day in Curry's Liffey Valley - Mitsubshi Black Diamond. No surround sound obviously but does the job.

some people say R2 discs "look better" than R1 - I know PAL VHS looks better than NTSC on our TVs here but as for DVDs I can't see any difference in quality

The USA have a far better selection than here and in many cases - better extras etc e.g. Repo Man

"I like the Christian life"
Gram Parsons

Alan Remorse said:
haha, brilliant... for some reason the blasted thing wont let me give you rep points. by the way i e-mailed the arnocrops asking if they'll give an interview for the zine...

k, i'm getting me a multi region yoke then. only want one so i can get the uncut version of re-animator, for fuck sake

You have to give rep points to loads of other people before I can get them again. I will bring Arnocorps to Ireland if it's the last thing I do.

For ps2 you generally have to get the region x thingy thats costs €20 (hmv or argos) to let you play all regions.

Amazon.co.uk have pretty good region free dvd players though.. they just chip regular ones themselves. Got a really nice pioneer one at christmas for €100, plays DVD+/-R and +/-RW. well worth it!

You can change the region on most DVD players by pressing a combination of buttons on your DVD remote...I typed in the model of my €100 DVD player into d'internet, found the relevant site which prompted me to press stop, rewind, fast forward and Menu on my remote, and Hey Presto !, I can select the region I want...

Turns out our dvd player that cost €20 from dunnes (as part of some special offer thing) is a multi region dealy. yay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back