MTV Unplugged - what ever happened to it? (2 Viewers)

Listening to Neil Young Unplugged. It's probably my favourite. Maybe Nirvana too. But what the hell ever happened to this series? It was great.
the pearl jam one was great... apart from the fact that it was edited completely out of sequence for maximum dramatic effect.

and the Tony Bennett one, of course.

I read recently that MTV unplugged is coming back.

Eddie Temple Morris isn't though :(

the pearl jam one was great... apart from the fact that it was edited completely out of sequence for maximum dramatic effect.

and the Tony Bennett one, of course.

although the pearl jam one could've been much better had they waited for an album or two / used their own gear / McCready not attempted to replicate his electric solos on some banger of an acoustic.

although the pearl jam one could've been much better had they waited for an album or two / used their own gear / McCready not attempted to replicate his electric solos on some banger of an acoustic.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

quality hats

although i always thought using a full kit was sort of cheating

did jay z do one of these?i remember some kind of acoustic thing doin the rounds but dont know if it was an official mtv unplugged or not..

anyone heard the Springsteen one?

Didn't know he did one but further research reveals a pretty disappointing set list

Red Headed Woman
Better Days
Atlantic City
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
Man's Job
Human Touch
Lucky Town
I Wish I Were Blind
Thunder Road
Light Of Day

I'd say you could pick it up fairly cheap...

ya big time. he wrote great songs. the junk was always gonna kill him. he pretty much had his heart set on it.
yup. this quote in particular nearly made me shed a bastard tear:

"I'm not using drugs to get high like many people think. I know I made a big mistake when I started using this shit. It's a very difficult thing to explain. My liver is not functioning, and I'm throwing up all the time and shitting my pants. The pain is more than you can handle. It's the worst pain in the world. Dope sick hurts the entire body."

Best drummer Pearl Jam ever had
who was drumming for them on Unplugged? Irons?

Matt Cameron is technically the best drummer they ever had, but Irons had more soul.

who was drumming for them on Unplugged? Irons?

Matt Cameron is technically the best drummer they ever had, but Irons had more soul.

Dave Abbruzzese. He was their best. Matt Cameron was great with Soundgarden, but he's a bit bland with PJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back