Moz Deaf (1 Viewer)

the bearded lady

Website
www.joanofarse.net
MORRISSEY has been appointed Artistic Director of MELTDOWN 2004.
Meltdown takes place annually and started life as a classical event. Each
year a prominent or influential
member the music world is approached to curate, and as time has progressed
the festival has become
more rock orientated.
This year’s festival will take place between June 11-27 on the South Bank
Centre in London.
The star, who is to release his first album in seven years ‘You Are The
Quarry’ on May 17, is the
twelfth artist who has accepted the invitation organise Meltdown since
Previous directors include Lee ‘Scratch’ Perry, David Bowie and John
Peel.
Speaking about the event, the singer said: "For me, this is a privilege
and I will rise to it. Curating
Meltdown is a great opportunity for me to acknowledge some of the music
and words that have excited
me over the years. Some of you have Ipods, I have Meltdown."
The line-up will be announced shortly

i can imagine her now, mincing around in bad make-up and old stage gowns pretending to be Twinkle or the like.
actually, i'd PAY to see that!!

nlgbbbblth said:
Vauxhall and I ?

nah - close but not quite there

Southpaw Grammar from 1995 was his solo peak
pity so many people hated it
the song 'southpaw' might have been his solo creative peak. to be honest i'd probably go with 'bona drag' as his best solo album.

it's amazing how someone so lyrically gifted can end up with nothing to say.

i'll definitely buy the new one. maybe the years in the wilderness have done him good. he's on a better label now too. some semi-indie company, i think. can't remember the name of it.

nlgbbbblth said:
Bona Drag is a compilation of singles/b-sides so I wouldn't rank it ; yeah pretty good

but if you just concentrate on the six solo albums then no
i think a lot of it was recorded with the idea of it being an album proper. 'last of the famous', 'interesting drug', 'picadilly' etc had nothing to do with 'viva hate'. but it does have a fair bit of stuff from the 'viva hate' sessions too, so i guess it's a mix of the two. how nerdy is it to discuss this stuff? on the internet too!

to completely go with the studio album definiton, i'd probably pick either 'viva hate' or 'vauxhal et moi'. 'why don't you find out for yourself' is a cracker. and 'late night, maudlin street' is v. nice too.

i don't have 'southpaw', but i liked it when i heard it. i wasn't joking about the song 'southpaw'. it well rocks. the b-sides to 'dagenham dave' are really good too.

did you go and queue that time when he did the signing in virgin? how silly was that? the weirdest group of people i've ever stood in a queue with.

UnIt SevEn said:
he's on a better label now too. some semi-indie company, i think. can't remember the name of it.
It's called Attack, it's an old reggae label belonging to Sanctuary that's been revived for Morissey to use.

He's just announced a Dublin gig, too! - June 5th at Dublin Castle...

Richie said:
It's called Attack, it's an old reggae label belonging to Sanctuary that's been revived for Morissey to use.

He's just announced a Dublin gig, too! - June 5th at Dublin Castle...
nice!

UnIt SevEn said:
i think a lot of it was recorded with the idea of it being an album proper. 'last of the famous', 'interesting drug', 'picadilly' etc had nothing to do with 'viva hate'. but it does have a fair bit of stuff from the 'viva hate' sessions too, so i guess it's a mix of the two.
yeah, I heard that too. a scrapped album which resulted in those singles
Ouija Board Ouija Board being particularly compelling

UnIt SevEn said:

did you go and queue that time when he did the signing in virgin? how silly was that? the weirdest group of people i've ever stood in a queue with.
I didn't bother going to that

he came into Sinnotts in Waterford the day after the gig there and signed my copy of Hatful of Hollow LP which I just bought for £4.99

southpaw grammar? I consider that album a career low for morrissey although dagaham dave and the operation are quite good. Favourite morrissey solo project is Bona Drag. Favourite solo album whole be either viva hate or vauxhall and I (it varys from week to week). Your arsenal, kill uncle and malajusted are all good albums in there own way but have no where near the direction and good taste of viva and vauxhall.

june 5th ill be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back