Movimiento Anti-Emo (1 Viewer)

Shorty

writing at n-1 dimensions
http://www.thedailyswarm.com/headli...eep-mexicotelevis-vjs-rants-inspire-violence/

So at the beginning of March in Queretaro Mexico a load of punks, goths, metallers and other subcultuarl youth banded together to literally beat the emo kids out of the square where they usually hang out. Now (from the link above) it seems to have gone nationwide.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kcYt-AYRXg"]YouTube - Movimiento Anti-Emo Queretaro[/ame]

Good old mexicans, playing catch up with the rest of the world :)

emo.jpg

The part on that first video on the page you linked to Shorty is amazing (from 1:35 on), where the riot police are called in to separate the Emo's from the rest...then who turns up? The Hare Krishna's!

Brilliant, Chris Morris couldn't have invented that.

oh my god, the world never ceases to amaze and disappoint me. apart from anything if you chase all the emos away then who are you going to bully an make fun of?

that thing about the goth girl in england is well fucked up. the wee spidey bastards ma was laughin an all when she was bein questioned. wee fuckers. emos are ballroots but spides are the enemy.

spides and peelers.

and crustys.

The part on that first video on the page you linked to Shorty is amazing (from 1:35 on), where the riot police are called in to separate the Emo's from the rest...then who turns up? The Hare Krishna's!

Brilliant, Chris Morris couldn't have invented that.

can you imagine the hare krishnas goin home and just having a big laugh about it, "did ya see the face on them when we rolled",.... "yeah i know, i really let me self go like, i dont even know what i sang, i made it all up as i went along, hahahaha"

that would be the best reality program ever, "keeping up with the krishnas"

But while videos of Mexican teenagers with pompadours advancing on equally baby-faced emo rockers seem like scenes from a south-of-the-border version of John Waters' Crybaby, there are ugly undercurrents to the story.

First, by some accounts, the emo subculture is identified with homosexuality in Mexico. As Mexico City youth worker Victor Mendoza told Time.com: "At the core of this is the homophobic issue. The other arguments are just window dressing for that."
Gustavo Arellano, the author of Ask a Mexican and an editor at OC Weekly, said that the sexual ambiguities cultivated by emo fashion helped set the group up for targeting by more macho groups.

"What do you do when you are confronted with a question mark about sexuality in Mexico?" Arellano said. "You beat it up."
Forum posts show similar sentiments. One person wrote on a government youth-website forum, "detesto a los emosexuales," which translates as "I hate emosexuals." Emosexual is an obvious play on homosexual, especially in Spanish, where the H is silent.
Many of the attacks have been planned, or at least fomented, on violently anti-emo websites like Movimiento Anti Emosexual, which features videos of physical violence sprinkled liberally with anti-gay sentiment.

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2008/03/anti-emo-riots.html

What the hell is the difference between an Emo and a Goth?? I thought they were more or less the same??

eh, no. Goths have been around since the eighty's. Emo's(in the current sence) aren't around 10 years yet.

What's happening in thses is not on, beating the crap out of people just because they look different,dress different, or confuse you, is just as wrong as all the crusties/punx/food for bombs people being killed by fascist's, that we've sceen in few threads here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back