Movies that are mostly amazing but are spoiled by a shite ending (1 Viewer)

smallbrownbear said:
close encounters

i fucking love the ending to close encounters..it's really sad

i thought the same about the Matrix actually! after Keanu stopped the flying octopusses with his hands i thought that meant they had never actually got out of the matrix.. that would have been deadly

I burst out laughing when the floating in Ninth Gate started. An absolute highlight of a shit film.

Edit: If I'd quoted I replied to as I meant too, this wouldn't seem so random. Fuck it.

coast to coast said:
I burst out laughing when the floating in Ninth Gate started. An absolute highlight of a shit film.

Edit: If I'd quoted I replied to as I meant too, this wouldn't seem so random. Fuck it.

Yeah it came from nowhere, books books books floating chick books devil

i have to say lost highway.such a wanky film could be redeemed by a good ending but it's just a load of utter bollocks

hermie said:
i have to say lost highway.such a wanky film could be redeemed by a good ending but it's just a load of utter bollocks

Yes.

Bellatrix; what didn't you like about the ending of Mystic River? Just the parade at the end or the actual resolution to the story? I don't think either spoiled the movie.

Can we add "Broken Flowers" to the list? The ending was fucking lazy.

Pay it Forward - hardly a great film, but made utterly despicable by the ending

Brazil - saw it for the first time the other night and I found unrelenting bleakness a bit hard to take. I might have preferred the Yank version

And as for Secretary - nota single thing wrong with that film

egg_ said:
Brazil - saw it for the first time the other night and I found unrelenting bleakness a bit hard to take. I might have preferred the Yank version
you're actually the first person i've seen to say that - but truly, the US version is an abomination. it's such a cop out. i think if you watch brazil again knowing the ending you'd probably find it a bit easier to swallow.

the reason i love the ending so much is because although the movie is (mostly) really downbeat, you also see the flashes of hope that make their way through the bleakness - like jonathan pryce's fantasies of being a hero etc. i think it's really brave of the movie to suggest that that hope is essentially futile. it's still one of my favourite movies.

Zeelander said:
Can we add "Broken Flowers" to the list? The ending was fucking lazy.

yes.yes we can..
i really didnt like that ending. it felt like another quick punchline before the REAL ending. totally unsatisfying.
although that guy looks amazingly like a fat bill murray!that film annoyed me as a whole. i liked it. but it just felt rushed.

oh and the script was written in 2weeks. BAAAADDD...

hermie said:
yea me too.remind me,what's being there again?

peter sellars as a butler who has been sheltered from the world and educated by tv and is let loose in society and somehow gain positions of influence by talking about gardening! excellent 70's flick (directed by hal ashby of harold and maude/coming home fame) with a transcendental ending:)

p.s. the last line in the movie was inscribed on Sellers' own tomb, when he died a year after the movie was released.

giveadogabone said:
peter sellars as a butler who has been sheltered from the world and educated by tv and is let loose in society and somehow gain positions of influence by talking about gardening! excellent 70's flick (directed by hal ashby of harold and maude/coming home fame) with a transcendental ending:)

p.s. the last line in the movie was inscribed on Sellers' own tomb, when he died a year after the movie was released.

Is that the film with a blooper reel in the closing credits?
If it was then thats the film sellers thought would win him an oscar. When he saw the bloopers at the end he was crushed. He thought it lost him the oscar. He died soon afterwards.

That is of course if we're talking about the same film. Otherwise i'm making a fool o myself

seanc said:
Is that the film with a blooper reel in the closing credits?
If it was then thats the film sellers thought would win him an oscar. When he saw the bloopers at the end he was crushed. He thought it lost him the oscar. He died soon afterwards.

That is of course if we're talking about the same film. Otherwise i'm making a fool o myself

That's the movie alright. And he was right, he should have won an oscar for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back