Movies that are mostly amazing but are spoiled by a shite ending (1 Viewer)

Alan Remorse

i'd have to go with Hell In The Pacific as the worst example of this
it's still my favourite lee marvin movie but seriously, the ending they went with was just pathetic. i wish there was a DVD available that had the alternate ending included in the movie instead of that piece of crap. as it is, you can only view the alternate ending as a special feature on the dvd.

dont forget spoiler warnings, chums

switchblade romance too. that ending was not clever. unless you're the type to read dan brown, i suppose.

Lord of the Rings

"OH SHIT!, here comes a boat full of more badguys! This is gonna be good. OH, no, wait. the lads killed em all when we weren't lookin. And they brought a bunch of ghosts to kill off the rest of em. great"

And even after all that there was still 40 minutes of arsing around.

ah well.........................

ive only seen the first lotr movie but i was never so bored. and i watched it on christmas day which means i WASTED about 7 hours of precious xmas fun. not this year though. oh no.

hmm theres loads

one that comes to mind is a movie i saw recently- The Descent

would have been so much better if they'd lopped off the last 2 minutes

The american version of Brazil where everything turns out ok is pretty damn shit too

johnnystress said:
The american version of Brazil where everything turns out ok is pretty damn shit too
oh christ, yeah!! that's a fucking travesty. i cant believe the studio actually wanted that ending. god bless gilliam for sticking to his guns.

Contentious indeed

HULK

The whole fight scene was in the dark, I couldn't see a fuckin thing. It was shit. But then again the rest of the film was a bit crappy too.
I need to stop watchin shit films

i thought the ending to true romance was crap, but then i saw the alternate endings. whoa. small mercies....

But the most recent film whose ending was a disappointment was "secretary" (saw it last week only). why'd they cop out like that? soppy it was.

Alan Remorse said:
i'd have to go with Hell In The Pacific as the worst example of this
it's still my favourite lee marvin movie but seriously, the ending they went with was just pathetic. i wish there was a DVD available that had the alternate ending included in the movie instead of that piece of crap. as it is, you can only view the alternate ending as a special feature on the dvd.

Go re-edit it yourself like.

That happy ever after writing bit in Unbreakable is a bit on the shite side.

The matrix revolutions.. I actually really enjoyed the first two, (yes.. even the second one) but what really spoiled the third one for me was that myself and a few of my friends thought we had 'figured out' a big twist for the third one, which would have made it amazing - then it turned into a load of aliens versus yellow brick road crap.

Here was our theory - I just HAVE to share..:

Zion wasn't the real world either - the architect fella said that free choice ruins the matrix - so they give them the illusion of free choice and let them think they're fighting this whole robot war crap.

It also explains:

-how smith morphed into the 'real' world.
-why neo was given another spoon in the 'real' world.
-why everyone in zion was a crustie - they're the people who are most likely to want to 'escape from the man.. man'
-various other bits I cannae remember.

So we thought the end was gonna be VERY interesting to see what the actuall real world was like, but no, shiiiiiiiiiite.

Ninth Gate what a load of absolute bollocks! nice spooky devil stuff at start then a floating women then burning castle and bonking nonsense

I forgot about the Matrix sequels. They were shit, that's for sure, but worse than that was how disappointing they were. The first one is great (despite Keanu's best efforts "I know kung-fu") but the sequels just show how the first one was never part of a trilogy at all and the other two were hastily written, poorly thought-out crap.

I have never cringed so much at anything as I did during 'the architects' speech. Toe-curling stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back