Mountains of good books in the mountains. (1 Viewer)

the bearded lady

Website
www.joanofarse.net
Cultural Citizens,

while driving through the Dublin/Wicklow Mountains last week I happened upon (yes, happened upon) a wonderful secondhand bookshop, Livres Lisette, attached to a fancy remodeled-furniture and art/print gallery, Galerie Lisette, in Enniskerry village. The guy working there was extremely nice and the range he had in European/Irish/English/American literature, poetry and drama, as well as other parts of the world, was amazing. There's also a great selection of Literary Biography, Biography, Irish History, History, Art, Music etc. Millions of books packed into the little shop, just the way it should be! Lovely old editions and hard to find stuff. Most books are 5 euro, though they do vary a bit obviously, but there was very little tat, most of the stuff seemed to be by quality authors and were in good condition. It's a beautiful part of the country - and now with added incentive to visit!
Their only online existence at the moment seems to be this; https://www.facebook.com/Livres.Lisette

Get your hiking boots and reading glasses on!

Ye gads! The infection spreads! If the lure of a literature-laden, quality bookshop in a picturesque setting is not enough to drag some of you urban moles out of the poison swamp of the city then perhaps you could smell your way to Terenure, for they too now boast a wonderful new fiction-rich, nay!, literature-sodden, little establishment with as multi-racial a mix of new and secondhand as you could wish for. The Village Bookshop,
101 Terenure Road North, Dublin 6W Telephone 01 551 2291 Email
[email protected]

Go forth and Edify:
https://twitter.com/terenurebooks

Are you sure they are not "trees" you mean ? What is going to be made into books ?

I would go if I could drive. My current favourite book haunt is the little stone hut place by the Hill of Tara. The guy is so nice, even though sometimes I feel like he's throwing those books away :(

I would go if I could drive. My current favourite book haunt is the little stone hut place by the Hill of Tara. The guy is so nice, even though sometimes I feel like he's throwing those books away :(

Yeah that's a nice book shop everything is crammed into an old shed and he has allot of old or antiquarian Books. I bought a Longfellow "works" from him. Which reminds me of a Shakespeare Henry VI which I left behind behind somewhere it think that it must have been published around the turn of the last century.
I would have thought myself those kind of books would be worth something but what he is sell's them at is how they are generally priced/valued. They are very nice though nicely made,
Its not often you see so many old books like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back