Mound sue Settler! (1 Viewer)

snakybus

Website
www.breakingtunes.com
I'm not sure how to say this, so I'll get straight to the point. Derek (Rumpus) and I were watching No Disco last night, as you do, when the Large Mound video came on. We went, oh, Large Mound, and next thing we both went "ohhhh shit". Because you see, we made a video last week which is a fairly similar concept, ie four screens, people leaving one and walking into another.

I can't believe that we simultaneously had the same concept - two bands from the same town, who'd believe that, but the fact is, we totally didn't know that the guys in Large Mound were doing this kind of video. We thought about saying nothing, because maybe it's not such a big deal. And also, it's quite different in many ways, but if our video gets shown (which wouldn't be for a while because it's for a song off of our new album that won't be out for a while yet), I know people are going to be howling "copycats", so I'd just like to say straight off that this is not the case. So lads, don't sue us! Please! We're skint!

i've allus said this is a one idea town. nicely illustrated "settler" if that is your real name.

my comrad speeketh the trutheth...

I'll only add the differences between the 2 vids..ours was shot out doors, we are walking, and we don't play any intruments in it.....

bummer of a coincidence though. Yid wanna see the face on us when we saw the 4 frames.

Anyhooo... great video and song guys.

http://studio.adobe.com/explore/features/timetrials/main.html

Well it's hardly an original idea. I'm sure someone else did it first. There's only one more No Disco in the series so by the time the new series comes on everyone will have forgotten about the mound video.

Yes indeed Admin/Pete/Padmin, Time Code was where our director Frank Berry got some inspiration...and then added some ideas...

Just as long as Mound know we aint rip-offerers....thanks Anthony.

lets just hope neither large mound or settler get sued by bryan adams and sporty spice as appearently their video of a few years back was a similar concept.

theres also an orbital video done on the cheap a few years back with the screen split into 16. its really fucking confusing. just pictures of mechanics lying under reliant robins and the like.

jesus lads. it used to be about the music. not the pictures that went with the music.

Hector Grey (25 Apr, 2002 11:30 a.m.):
jesus lads. it used to be about the music. not the pictures that went with the music.

Pictures will replace music soon.....what with the internet and WAP and everything

but if that happens, won't the songs be too long? - a picture being worth 1,000 words and all that.

No, it's ok, because the pictures replacing the music will be replaced by pusic, a new form of media which will effect all 5 senses at once. It will be created by artificial intelligence machines and will feel very like watching the annoying intro to Top 40 Hits ... Top 40 Hits... Top 40 Hits... Top 40 Hits

rumpus (25 Apr, 2002 11:47 a.m.):
No, it's ok, because the pictures replacing the music will be replaced by pusic, a new form of media which will effect all 5 senses at once. It will be created by artificial intelligence machines and will feel very like watching the annoying intro to Top 40 Hits ... Top 40 Hits... Top 40 Hits... Top 40 Hits

they play a remix of freak on a leash by korn on that
.|..| !!!!

Thanks Pad... Top 30 Hits.

Top 30 Hits..Top 30 Hits...Top...

And another thing, pusic will only be available through Ktel home shopping ads.

Top 30 Hits...Top 30 Hits...

shit, I think I'm loosing me rag here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back