MORRISSEY IS GOD (1 Viewer)

Needs to get back Alain Whyte. Morrissey wrote his best post-Smiths songs with him before ditching him about a decade ago.

I love the music (and the man, mostly) and I'll never "grow out of him".

On the subject of his autobiography though, doesn't anyone remember that Channel 4 documentary from a few years ago which showed him hanging out with Nancy Sinatra and generally just acting kind of odd in LA? That was enough of an insight into his life for me anyway, though I'll read the book sometime.

Yep, "The Importance of Being Morrissey" - that was a good doc I thought. Obviously he'll preserve his mystique ; the book won't be laying his soul bare; it's a memoir, so I assume he has carefully chosen what/when/who to write about.

I'll be drinking jagerbombs at These Charming Men in December. I was looking for a Smiths t-shirt last week, now i cant wear one because i'll look like a big wood worker with this book. Sakes.

I love the smiths and moz's solo work (well, the greatest hits anyway). He's a big overgrown teenager. No one else could sing I've Forgiven Jesus and not look like a complete tit. Though I'm sure he still looks like a tit to people without a sense of humor.

Dunno if i'll read this in case he comes out badly. I'd rather live in a bubble where me and moz are in on the joke.

Yeah saw that last night. Good nostalgia viewing those shows. My old sociology lecturer was a talking head on it. Hmm, haven't seen These Charming Men in about 10 years. Starting to feel the urge again. When and where is this gig, might try and round up a posse.

Here, @CinnamonBoy, I have to get this off my chest.

I hate your signature. It always tricks into thinking I've an extra paragraph of your post to read, but NO!

This might have to go in minor complaints.

Same with you, @Unicron, I always assume every post is a one liner, with your Ba Dum tisch.

Bleedin'

Last edited:
Yeah saw that last night. Good nostalgia viewing those shows. My old sociology lecturer was a talking head on it. Hmm, haven't seen These Charming Men in about 10 years. Starting to feel the urge again. When and where is this gig, might try and round up a posse.

I saw them a few years ago and it was so much fun.
Dude does a good job.

Missed them both but heard nothing but good reports. He also did a few Smiths songs.

yep, i was at both and both were great. He covered solo stuff, Smiths stuff and Electronic stuff.

The Smiths tunes were largely confined to the crowd pleasers though he did play London at the academy gig, which was a nice surprise.

I heard great things about the NYC/Boston gigs too. A lot of Smiths songs. I loved the Smiths because of Marr more than Morrissey. Morrissey minus Marr is sub par but I still love them both.
I've never seen Morrissey live since The Smiths, but I went to see Marr much to the gf's annoyance. Whatever about the singer, I couldn't miss seeing the man who wrote all that wonderful music.

Can anyone confirm my theory that Johnny Marr must have the most disconcerting time having to play to a front row of Morrissey lookalikes each night?

I've never seen Morrissey live since The Smiths, but I went to see Marr much to the gf's annoyance. Whatever about the singer, I couldn't miss seeing the man who wrote all that wonderful music.
I've seen him about 10 times since then and its been a steady downwards curve. His shows have been getting steadily worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back