MORE UNPROVOKED GARDA VIOLENCE (1 Viewer)

from a philosphical point of view, crime is defined pretty much by being minority deviant behavoir. like if everyone kicked everone all the time, it wouldnt be assault because you'd be taking a norm and making it a crime, and you'd need to lock up the whole planet. from that philosophical point of view, the way the garda and private security folk are behaving in mayo and similar circumstances, its minority behaviour deviant from the acceptable norm - essentially crime.

I thought MORE UNPROVOKED GARDA VIOLENCE was a cool new crust punk band.

They over reacted, but yer man was being a spa. Also, we don't know the circumstances around the incedent. we're the Guards looking for someone dangerous that day?

[h=6]"This occurred at lunchtime on Ash Wednesday, 22nd February, 2012, on a small local road, L1202 in Glengad, Co Mayo. This is close to Shell's haulage route and about 70 metres from Shell's compound in Glengad. This is a few kilometres from Shell's refinery site at Bellanaboy. "You can see that two female Gardaí approached the car. When the third Garda, a man, approached the window, he had his baton drawn before he knocked on the window. After he smashed the window, I got out of the car. The Garda told me I was under arrest. I was surrounded by Gardaí with batons drawn. " 'Are you refusing to show your licence?'," the male Garda said. I thought I was in for a beating. "When I took out my driver's licence and he looked at it, the atmosphere changed instantly. They all backed away and suddenly I wasn't under arrest any more. The only conclusion I can draw is that they assumed I was an outside supporter, from the Rossport Solidarity Camp. I assume that when they saw my name and a Rossport address address, that is what changed their approach. "So, I was left a bleeding hand from the broken window and with a car with a broken window on the side of the road. I phoned Belmullet Garda station to complain and to ask for assistance. They refused to send anyone. "Following that refusal, I phoned the Garda Ombudsman's office in Dublin. They said that as there was no complaint to investigate, they would not investigate until a formal complaint was made. They told me I could make a written complaint or visit their office (which is in Dublin). "So I felt the best thing to do was to release this footage, so that people can see what life is like on the roads here close to Shell's operations. This kind of thing is happening to varying degrees every day here. People need to that this is happening, that it could happen to them and that they will receive no protection."[/h]

No justification for what the cops did, but if he simply opened his door in the first place none of that would have happened.

And why exactly was he filming out his front window did I miss something ?
i know a few people with dash cameras. they're cheap (less than €100) and if you're involved in an accident, the footage can be very useful for insurance or legal reasons.
they're extremely common in russia, cos the roads are so dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back