Mogwai live in May (1 Viewer)

sthar

Ticketmaster is selling tix for Mogwai at The Village on May 10th. Anyone know about this? Is that the Scottish Mogwai? Cause there is a German Mogwai if I remember correctly. God, I hate Germans. Confusing people.

they're pretty ho-hum on albums, but i remember enjoying them live at glastonbury to a huge extent.

that said, i also spent a lot of said gig being distracted by the size of the lighting rig, so make of that what you will.

I must agree, I dislike Mogwai as much as dirty underwear.

They are dodgy to the max.

I would be great if TRM got to play with them to show them up for the jokers that they are.

Also, whats with the 'loud' thing and selling earplugs at their gigs, Its all a bit silly really. I saw them at the Red Box, sold old and packed...everyone going nuts...why??

Where's the Village.

Also, check out the 'My Father, My King' single. One song, 20 minutes or something. Engineered by Mr. S. Albini. Sounds UNBELIEVABLE.

I like CODY quite a lot, its pretty formulaic (oh here comes the big strummy bass, the crazy distorted break down can only be round the corner) but I think the tunes are really nice.

Never really got into anything else by them

Speaking of yer guitar instrumentalists, I got a Durutti Coiumn album there overr the weekend, and I'm all like, jesus! where you been all my life!

amazing stuff

The Village is the venue formerly known as MONO, formerly known as the Mean Fiddler, formerly known as the Wexford Inn.

Let's hope it sticks around a bit longer than its predecessors.

Durrutti Column

Is it the one called "Vinny Reilly"? That's a really smooth record - he even manages to make a Tracy Chapman sample work for him, bless his nylon-stringed socks.

Originally posted by Pantone247

Speaking of yer guitar instrumentalists, I got a Durutti Coiumn album there overr the weekend, and I'm all like, jesus! where you been all my life!

amazing stuff

Re: Durrutti Column

Originally posted by Anne OMalley
Is it the one called "Vinny Reilly"? That's a really smooth record - he even manages to make a Tracy Chapman sample work for him, bless his nylon-stringed socks.

nah its "The Return of The Durutti Comumn"

which is his first album... ho ho....

this one is all really eighties drum machines, alá Martin Hannet and Vini's space guitar ways all over it. Some really dodgy synth drones but. It really reminds of the way when I was a kid Space 1999 looked really hi-tech and futuristic looking, but its sort of lost its sheen now... but you still can't fault its pure entusiasm for the future and modernism.

I'm gonna bet more of this stuff, its lovely.

Tracy Chapman samples???!!!

Re: Re: Durrutti Column

I shit you little - check it out."Vini Reilly" is the name of it. I think it's one the last things he did as The Durrutti Column. Apart from the Chapman sample, he uses samples from vintage recordings of opera singers, and lots of Spanish guitar riffs. It has a folksy feel, but don't let that put you off. It's poignant and curious.

Originally posted by Pantone247
nah its "The Return of The Durutti Comumn"

which is his first album... ho ho....

this one is all really eighties drum machines, alá Martin Hannet and Vini's space guitar ways all over it. Some really dodgy synth drones but. It really reminds of the way when I was a kid Space 1999 looked really hi-tech and futuristic looking, but its sort of lost its sheen now... but you still can't fault its pure entusiasm for the future and modernism.

I'm gonna bet more of this stuff, its lovely.

Tracy Chapman samples???!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back