Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (2 Viewers)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

great article
"(another performer) introduced me to this musician named fetty wap. now we love fetty wap. he is a musical genius. through fetty wap i have been introduced to this other guy named “drake”. i have heard of drake here and there but i have never heard a drake song. you know what… drake is awesome. not as awesome as the fetty wap. he is a musical genius. drake is still pretty cool though. well maybe not cool, but he is a good musician.

did i mention he is a musical genius"

36 people Liked this, 21 Unliked it, no-one Commented and it reads like some primitive cargo-cult version of Patrick Bateman reviewing Huey Lewis albums between decapitations.

and how

"Pro-diversity messages signaled to these white men that they might be undervalued and discriminated against. These concerns interfered with their interview performance and caused their bodies to respond as if they were under threat."

It's interesting that it was across the whole panel "regardless of these men’s political ideology, attitudes toward minority groups, beliefs about the prevalence of discrimination against whites, or beliefs about the fairness of the world".

Are the racists the last honest people left?

Relevant perhaps:

Stereotype threat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stereotype threat is a situational predicament in which people are or feel themselves to be at risk of confirming stereotypes about their social group.[1][2] Since its introduction into the academic literature, stereotype threat has become one of the most widely studied topics in the field of social psychology.[3] Stereotype threat has been shown to reduce the performance of individuals who belong to negatively stereotyped groups.[4][5] If negative stereotypes are present regarding a specific group, group members are likely to become anxious about their performance, which may hinder their ability to perform at their maximum level.

It's interesting that it was across the whole panel "regardless of these men’s political ideology, attitudes toward minority groups, beliefs about the prevalence of discrimination against whites, or beliefs about the fairness of the world".

Are the racists the last honest people left?

How much of it could be put down to a new found awareness of increased competition for advancement, rather than feelings of being "undervalued and discriminated against"?

The case of journalist Peter Snow and son Dan Snow is perhaps the most interesting. Just after leaving university, Dan Snow appeared on his father Peter’s military-themed show about the Battles of El Alamein. They followed this collaboration with a short series called Battlefield Britain, and Dan Snow subsequently released a coffee-table military history book of the same title. Since then, the BBC has introduced him on shows as the “historian Dan Snow.” There are no records of him holding any postgraduate qualifications, in any discipline.
they managed to ruin a perfectly good point about nepotism with a big gotcha moment made out of nothing there...he has a degree in modern history, first class honours from oxford no less

they managed to ruin a perfectly good point about nepotism with a big gotcha moment made out of nothing there...he has a degree in modern history, first class honours from oxford no less
OXFORD DEGREES ARE NOT WORTH MORE THAN OTHER DEGREES

(yes they are who are we kidding, we all bow to the nobility)

02_1b480928-60b0-1_2495775a.jpg

(y)

Quite frankly I think the author of that article needs to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and stop avoiding hard work like the rest of us.

I'd have thought that nepotism was preferential treatment or favoritism.
Being a relative doesn't necessarily mean you're not the best person for the job.
You wouldn't want a situation where every one of Myles Dungan's kids get jobs in RTE, but the corollary of banning all of his relatives hardly seems warranted either.

*I have no idea if Myles Dungan has kids or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back