Miscellaneous Articles You Should Read (1 Viewer)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

yeah i've been wondering about that recently, when you got a company like last.fm that's been ticking away for a decade+ without really growing much bigger but seemingly without running aground with debt

Whats up with The Atlantic?
Strangely enough I came to that article via the Southern Partisan, a publication denounced by the Southern Poverty Law Center as "arguably the most important neo-confederate periodical".
Ah I find it a little bit too modern media, a little bit too partisan, a little bit sneery. I'll still read it cos it has loads of good writing but I'm a little distrustful of its intentions. Same with the New Yorker (to a lesser extent) and I subscribe to that!

I don't find myself doing that with This American Life though which is probably a bit stupid of me.

Ah I find it a little bit too modern media, a little bit too partisan, a little bit sneery. I'll still read it cos it has loads of good writing but I'm a little distrustful of its intentions. Same with the New Yorker (to a lesser extent) and I subscribe to that!

I don't find myself doing that with This American Life though which is probably a bit stupid of me.

Nothing wrong with some healthy suspicion. This American Life probably has the public radio fuzzy factor going for it.

yeah i've been wondering about that recently, when you got a company like last.fm that's been ticking away for a decade+ without really growing much bigger but seemingly without running aground with debt

I've often wondered about LastFm
It's a tool I use constantly - everything is scrobbled
Yes I rarely, if ever actually go the site. This can't be good for them right? How do they survive?
I'm guessing there's good data in all of those scrobbles and very little overhead collecting them (as opposed to audio or video) and they can flog that - but there's no one going to buy adds on the site in the hope that I'm going to see them.
What gives?

I've often wondered about LastFm
It's a tool I use constantly - everything is scrobbled
Yes I rarely, if ever actually go the site. This can't be good for them right? How do they survive?
I'm guessing there's good data in all of those scrobbles and very little overhead collecting them (as opposed to audio or video) and they can flog that - but there's no one going to buy adds on the site in the hope that I'm going to see them.
What gives?
Subscribe to Last.fm — Last.fm

would you like me to join flipboard?

Or should I say FUCK FLIPBOARD ??

I'm easy with either tbh

Maybe.

It's significantly less annoying than facebook. I think its a better filter for twitter than twitter. I'm pretty caught up by it really. I wish I had clicked 'yes' on the facebook bit though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back