Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

My cousin’s and a friend performed The Smashing Pumpkins “Tonight, Tonight” and Bonnie Prince Billy “Beast for Thee” at our wedding. My cousin couldn’t quite figure out the guitar so I ended up getting Matt Sweeney himself to teach it to him over the internet.

i have mentioned here before that i was the photographer at a friend's wedding in the unitarian church, where judith ring and jurgen from the jimmy cake were performing the music.
i asked my friend beforehand what was the main song for the ceremony and she told me it was 'wild horses' but in my head i heard that as 'crazy horses' and just did a mental shrug, thinking 'each to their own'.

Today I went out for lunch with my office. There are only five in our department and I was told it was a mid year thing before they are off at various times over summer and they do it again at Christmas.

It was a very long lunch, in my head I was like… are we even going back to work? Finally the bill came and I got out my wallet to pay my share and I was told no. The lunch was to celebrate my wedding and they got me a card with a OneForAll voucher. It was really sweet of them since I’ve only been there six months. It nearly made me cry.

I have never had a pleasant work environment, usually they’ve been a bunch of pretentious pricks.

Where I work any "0" birthdays,weddings and other stuff are celebrated with a suggested but not compulsory whiparound and a huge lunch where everyone brings in something. The board chips in too for any collections so it can be a tidy enough sum.
For other birthdays you bring in your own cake ( or biscuits or whatever you want) so no one is forgotten

Today I went out for lunch with my office. There are only five in our department and I was told it was a mid year thing before they are off at various times over summer and they do it again at Christmas.

It was a very long lunch, in my head I was like… are we even going back to work? Finally the bill came and I got out my wallet to pay my share and I was told no. The lunch was to celebrate my wedding and they got me a card with a OneForAll voucher. It was really sweet of them since I’ve only been there six months. It nearly made me cry.

I have never had a pleasant work environment, usually they’ve been a bunch of pretentious pricks.
Harsh but fair.

Years ago when I was a little Clerical Officer newbie I went for lunch with work (4 of us plus big boss), when it came to dessert time the waitress asked me first so I ordered ice cream, and every other cunt said no thanks. I was by far the lowest ranking member of the team.

Had to absolutely rifle through three scoops of freezing cold ice cream when it eventually arrived.

You must have looked very surprised.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back