Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

Been working on a grant, big consortium job that we hadn’t enough time for. Was going to eat my life for the next 16days, having eaten quite a lot of the past 2 months, but nothing short of another 2 months work would have made it really competitive.
Decision made today to pause and either repurpose or go again next year. Best bit is emails from all the partners to the effect ‘right decision lads, we thought yis were mad trying to pull this together in the timeframe, count us in for next one’

Been working on a grant, big consortium job that we hadn’t enough time for. Was going to eat my life for the next 16days, having eaten quite a lot of the past 2 months, but nothing short of another 2 months work would have made it really competitive.
Decision made today to pause and either repurpose or go again next year. Best bit is emails from all the partners to the effect ‘right decision lads, we thought yis were mad trying to pull this together in the timeframe, count us in for next one’
Best decision. If you’re desperately trying to get it done, chances are that you’ll be out on the first round as some section or other won’t be rated highly enough by reviewers to progress.

Best decision. If you’re desperately trying to get it done, chances are that you’ll be out on the first round as some section or other won’t be rated highly enough by reviewers to progress.
Yeah, it takes time to get a coherent proposal together with more than a couple of partners involved.. we had 14! I wasn’t even sure what some of them do, let alone could do in the proposal.

Was originally thinking of submitting for the review, but that’s a hell of a lot of work for something that would just point out the obvious flaws you knew about already!

Moved my room around so that when I wake up I get to look out of the window. And other stuff.

I had planned to do so much more, but I spent long enough planning it it's ok if it takes another day.. also, me knowing me, I'm alright with it. Nearly died a couple of times, it was gas.

I am really chuffed with the room, though I'm not nearly finished. My original plan did not survive contact with the enemy. The enemy being me.
Woke up this morning thinking "where am I?". The work has grown, but it's all good. Better than the year I spent thinking about it. What to do with that bit over there? I'll work it out tomorrow.

Just glad I did some fucking thing, really.

There's a minor complaint about housemates room. He asked for decluttering help, but I was doing my thing. Maybe tomorrow...

I think I did ok-ish in an interview. I was convinced that I accidently called the interviewers racists but Hives talked me down.
In the next few months I have the kids Masters to pay for, my wedding and a deposit for a house. So yeah... extra cash would be nice.

I think I did ok-ish in an interview. I was convinced that I accidently called the interviewers racists but Hives talked me down.
In the next few months I have the kids Masters to pay for, my wedding and a deposit for a house. So yeah... extra cash would be nice.

OK! Magazine cover

Racists Paid For My Wedding

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back