Minor Pleasures (14 Viewers)

Yep

CX :

thickness-large.jpg

G3:

thickness-large.jpg

Also, you'd feel like like the dick if you broke your new TV just because of pigheaded ness. So get help. Doesn't really need a professional, you'll just get someone like me, and we're idiots.
This is exactly it
Old me would have come up with a one-man solution
New me (actually older me) plays it smarter and asks for help

I'm more used to corporate.
also OLED screens are ridiculously thin and flimsy feeling… actually the g3 might be thicker than my CX

But they're light. BACK IN THE DAY etc.

But to DMP®*'s point, get a hand with the bit where you put the thing on the wall. Setting up before that, You can measure all that yourself, but it's nerve-wracking.

*I didn't know I could do a ®.

Even though I am strong (like bull)
I will ask for help if needed with this
The stand for the CX weighs an absolute ton but the screen itself is pretty light. The problem for me was when I had to lay it flat to put the two bits together, then lift it off the floor - there's very few places you can grab it with confidence on your own since it's a 65" screen so it's about 1.5m wide and 86cm tall, but the top 2/3rds of the screen are literally just a few mm thick.

The G3 doesn't come with a stand as it's designed to be wall mounted, so I presume that's why its uniformly thicker all over so should be easier to handle. Even still, I just wouldn't take any chances with one.

The G3 doesn't come with a stand as it's designed to be wall mounted, so I presume that's why its uniformly thicker all over so should be easier to handle. Even still, I just wouldn't take any chances with one.
I got the G3 65

Now I just have to paint the living room and make it nice so I can 'deserve' the TV

I have one of these things in my bedroom.

Someone pulled it out of a skip and gave it to me. But it has not been working lately.
Skipper reckoned the PSU was overheating. The PSU is one he provided.
Turns out, I think, it is not that the plug was running too hot, it was actually running too cold. I stuck it on a hot water bottle for a minute and now it is grand. The scary world of electricity. And my job is looking at electromechanical things as if they have feelings. I'm not good at it, but I'm getting better.

my wife is in tallinn with the choir for an international choir competition, and came second in both their main categories, beaten by a pro choir.

she was saying that singing seems almost like a national sport there.

some people making noises with their mouths.

Christmas stuff on TV

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Although this doesn't look as cute as the book, not hearing Mog's inner monologue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back