Minor Pleasures (12 Viewers)

Which one?
Gigs working in stadiums setting up and pulling down, I imagine?

Temp platforms, staging and seating etc?

Probably a big learning curve on it. But when you have a job that never ends, hearing about one with definite starts and stops is very attractive.

Very true. Though I'm a grown up now at least some of the time.

The labouring "local crew" (hate that phrase) is just meat for the grinder. You can learn as little or as much as you like.

The job might end, but the work never ends, amirite @seanc

Ah, I've done both types of work.
Just teh idea of clocking out and being done for the day is something I remember fondly

A lad here just quit to go work in Italy doing something unrelated to his field. Some people are doing it.

The job might end, but the work never ends, amirite @seanc

Well it's a funny old thing the crewing business. If DMP is saying what I think he is, he could indeed just rock up, do the hours, leave.
But he's probably too concientious and mature for that, and he'll get sucked in, like me.

Now sometimes I'm the grownup in the room. Today was another nice one at first glance; Turn up, turn it on, watch and wait, turn it off, go home. Three hours, but also six conversations and a hundred emails, and they still fecked it up.

Being a humble box pusher does have a certain appeal.

The pub here played "For Whom The Bell Tolls".

I got a little excited, but there's a little Daschund doggo that, totally on cue, started barking rythmically and incessantly. At least until the chorus.

Me and one other guy who's a drummer (there's only ten people here), we're laughing and nodding our heads, and no one else got it. "But the dog knows the song!". That dog definitely knew what it was doing.

I had breakfast in a rural pub yesterday and they played Rory Gallagher's Moonchild and Ozzy Osborne's Crazy Train. That was unexpected. No dogs were involved though.

This is a weird wake.

As it's not a wake, it's Halloween with sandwiches and sausage rolls. But also it's a wake, but there's face painting. And people who are here, but not here for the wake, because it's not a wake.

It's probably what Chris would have wanted.

Halloween's over, so no one can complain about Christmas deccies anymore

The moaners and whingers are on the back foot.

This is our time, the joyful shall reign!

Tell 'em, Mariah!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is a weird wake.

As it's not a wake, it's Halloween with sandwiches and sausage rolls. But also it's a wake, but there's face painting. And people who are here, but not here for the wake, because it's not a wake.

It's probably what Chris would have wanted.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back