Minor Pleasures (23 Viewers)

There's a thing I missed. Not only are the Drop Nineteens back, but they're releasing two LPs this year (one is rarities, one is brand new). Oh my...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Barman just gave me an unbranded baseball cap from the lost and found cupboard.
It is so hard to find an unbranded cap. And I need them for work. Be nice to your barstaff.

I definitely got followed around the shop by security and got odd looks from staff today.
Then I walked into a pub I haven't been to before, and Irish hipster barman marches at me like I'm going to rob the place or something and he's going to stop me. Then he heard my accent and was clearly afraid to speak too much. Which was quite amusing in itself. I just wanted a pint and mostly the toilet. I was very polite btw.

I think the hat is responsible.

Also, the hat has cleared my skin, increased my IQ and.....I dunno, some other good shit.

I definitely got followed around the shop by security and got odd looks from staff today.
Then I walked into a pub I haven't been to before, and Irish hipster barman marches at me like I'm going to rob the place or something and he's going to stop me. Then he heard my accent and was clearly afraid to speak too much. Which was quite amusing in itself. I just wanted a pint and mostly the toilet. I was very polite btw.

I think the hat is responsible.

Also, the hat has cleared my skin, increased my IQ and.....I dunno, some other good shit.
How much do you want for the hat?

I’m in the airport and and about to head off with Hives for two weeks.
I’m going to do my favourite thing to do in America, which is to take photos of giant cans of stuff beside my head.

This has not gone well. Our connecting flight didn’t exist so trapped in Boston.
I don’t really know what’s happening but Hives says I’m not illegal or a stowaway so that’s good.

This has not gone well. Our connecting flight didn’t exist so trapped in Boston.
I don’t really know what’s happening but Hives says I’m not illegal or a stowaway so that’s good.

Sara Pascoe just walked past my local with a terribly bemused look and a hurried pace. I'm 90% sure it was her anyway.

If someone of her experience finds this place incomprehensible, then it is a good pub.

I do like her work, I should say. It's just a little odd when you see a "famous person", whatever that means nowadays.

Sara Pascoe just walked past my local with a terribly bemused look and a hurried pace. I'm 90% sure it was her anyway.

If someone of her experience finds this place incomprehensible, then it is a good pub.

I do like her work, I should say. It's just a little odd when you see a "famous person", whatever that means nowadays.
it might have been the one who does A Place in the Sun who is a dead ringer

Mighty doggo insists that no dancing is allowed on the dancefloor. I had to take the lead for a bit, I don't even know the owner, someone just said "mind this dog". I did feel like a Stark.

Attachments

• IMG_20230811_195701.jpg
    IMG_20230811_195701.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27
Mighty doggo insists that no dancing is allowed on the dancefloor. I had to take the lead for a bit, I don't even know the owner, someone just said "mind this dog". I did feel like a Stark.
"Take the lead" in a dance sense or a dog walking sense?

"Take the lead" in a dance sense or a dog walking sense?
Dog walking sense. Dunno what the owner was thinking but she just left doggo to wander around and then the dog seemed very keen to cross the road. Couldn't let that happen. Normally I'd get very annoyed about that, but wolf dog.

I guess he was finding himself.

I did watch that Elton movie the other week. It's really good, but I'm conflicted. This video would land in his drugged up rockstar period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back