Minor Pleasures (18 Viewers)

Wrote a really nice song yesterday. Just finished getting into shape ready for the lads on Tuesday. Bit of a departure, well, they all sound like departures when you write them. Give it a few weeks and it'll sound like typical-mackey.

The woman who heads up the team of cleaners in our office was an utter bully who was abusive to her staff (I watched her make fun of a lovely Brazilian girl in English with one of her Irish senior members of staff, knowing she couldn't understand, it was horrible).

I've been planning on calling her out on it next time as it actually upsets me and it's my fucking workplace after all.......BUT, on Thursday she took a stroke and today she died!

Have a bit of that you cow. Made my day.

Wrote a really nice song yesterday. Just finished getting into shape ready for the lads on Tuesday. Bit of a departure, well, they all sound like departures when you write them. Give it a few weeks and it'll sound like typical-mackey.

Took this into rehearsal this week. I've just been listening to the rough recording we did on the night. I'm feeling uncharacteristically confident about my songwriting these days, Every new song feels like my best yet.

Took the young one into town today because I wanted to buy a record and she bought her first LP. I tried to talk her out of it by pointing out that this could be the start of an expensive lifelong addiction but she was having none of it.

Took the young one into town today because I wanted to buy a record and she bought her first LP. I tried to talk her out of it by pointing out that this could be the start of an expensive lifelong addiction but she was having none of it.

what was it?

I tried to talk her out of it by pointing out that this could be the start of an expensive lifelong addiction but she was having none of it.

That brings back lovely memories of my old man trying the same with me in Murray's in Dun Laoghaire. As I'd never actually seen vinyl copies of Madness - One Step Beyond and The Specials' eponymous debut before, naturally I assumed if I didn't get them there and then I'd never have another chance. I'm sure he was secretly delighted, though he probably wished I'd seen them somewhere cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back