Minor Pleasures (15 Viewers)

got new cutlery
This post went so well I feel I should elaborate..

Old plastic handled euro shop cutlery was totally fucked..all bent and everything..twas driving me nuts!
After extensive research..I wound up getting a fantastic set in TK MAXX

Proper quality gear.Will outlast me..thats what I'm all about these days.Buying the good shit.

We spend so much time using our cutlery..its not an area to be skimping on

My research has now moved on to can openers.I'm done with shitty can openers

I have decent cutlery, but I keep it wrapped up.
I keep one odd/orphan knife, fork and spoon out. Essentially if I had 6 forks on the go, there'd be 6 dirty ones before I cleaned one.
Then again, I have this gorgeous cutlery that I never use.
Hmmm.

My research has now moved on to can openers.I'm done with shitty can openers
You can't beat having a good can opener. It's a great annoyance saver.

I bought very fancy (for me) new cutlery in the sales last January. Reduced from €120 to €30!

Eating felt extra great this year

arthur_price_wave_24_piece_set_zwie2401_1-500x500.jpg

Proper quality gear.Will outlast me..thats what I'm all about these days.Buying the good shit.

Amen to that. Ten years ago I spent 120 on a summer jacket and 40 on another summer jacket, the 40 one is long since gone while the 120 one still has another couple of years (at least) in it. Buy cheap, buy often and all that.

On cutlery- I prefer thin, light implements, cant stand those chunky knives and forks.

Cut down significantly on looking at the Internet on my phone over the last few days and actually managed to finish reading a book

I bought very fancy (for me) new cutlery in the sales last January. Reduced from €120 to €30!

Eating felt extra great this year

arthur_price_wave_24_piece_set_zwie2401_1-500x500.jpg
Nice! ..BUt I couldnt get with them tea spoons..no way jose!

And I had to get a 16 set not 24.It wouldve driven me mad having too much

I have decent cutlery, but I keep it wrapped up.
I keep one odd/orphan knife, fork and spoon out.

This is total fucking madness..you need your head examined .

Are you trying to tell us that every time you want to make a cuppa you have to wash the spoon first instead of grabbing a fresh one from the drawer?

Or eat dinner without having washed up from lunch?

Full disclosure..I have an extra four tea spoons,I can really stretch out and make a days worth of hot beverages without washing a spoon..if I feel the need..and sometimes I do indeed feel the need

Are you trying to tell us that every time you want to make a cuppa you have to wash the spoon first instead of grabbing a fresh one from the drawer?

Full disclosure..I have an extra four tea spoons,I can really stretch out and make a days worth of hot beverages without washing a spoon..if I feel the need..and sometimes I do indeed feel the need

Best set of posts ever from @GO

this half man half biscuit christmas tune I heard on 6 music for the 1st time last night is a fucking delight

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah, I'll use a spoon with a quick rinse under the tap, if even. Sorry, the spoon.
My M.O. is when I start cooking to run the hot tap a little slowly with a squirt of washing up liquid in the sink.
Once I use something I'm not going to need again, it gets tossed in the sink. And then I pretty much wash as I go. A new thing goes in the sink, then the thing in the sink gets washed, and so on. Cooking and prep is synchronised with cleaning.
By the time the food is cooked, pretty much everything is clean anyway.
I'll usually always force myself to clean whatever's left before I leave the apt. Nothing is ever dirty for long.

I just find this less hassle than making a whole separate job out of the dishes and pots. I've tried it both ways and I prefer this.

Maybe I do need my head examined. I won't argue with that.

Last edited:
What a system yous have over there in America.

Its another world,truly

Not prescribing it for anyone else, just finally found something that works for me.
I don't naturally have good habits around this stuff.

Maybe I should break out the good cutlery for Christmas though. Live a little like.

Such win!

Need to get new timing chain on the car, dealers and other quoting me upwards of 1400 quid for it.

My own mechanic said 600, then when I went to book it in this morning he knocked another 120 off the quote!

During the summer, I had to get another bit replaced, quotes of over a grand from dealers and mainstream mechanics. This dude gave me the part number and sent me to a breakers yard, got the bit for 15, he fitted it for 20.

JOY TO THE FUCKIN' WORLD!!!

The battery warning light on my wireless keyboard just started flashing there and I was all like "ahh,better put some new batteries in this wireless keyboard,I'll just finish this piece of toast" then I thought " I wouldnt mind another slice of toast,this time with marmalade" and then I remembered I keep the spare batteries on the shelf above the toaster!

You can see where this is going!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back