Minor Pleasures (4 Viewers)

Finally starting learning the drums after all these years.some buzz.I'm starting to badly want a real kit now though.

The store down by me still sells them. Wicked cheap.

Hard to shift now but for children's films a way better investment than DVDs. Durabilty.

It's funny the number of people who think all VCRs stopped working as soon as DVDs took over.

A work colleague was wondering how the hell she's transfer a videotape of home movies to DVD-R.

"Will I have to go to a shop or a professional?"

"Why?"

"Nobody has VCRs anymore".

I like when I'm the only white guy in the Asian supermarket.

I allow myself to believe it's because I'm some cultural outlier not bound by the rules that everyone else in white society obeys. I am a free thinker, ignoring the rigidity of the perfunctory habit of Stop & Shop and Whole Foods. Unafraid to explore and engage with other cultures.

One of those times was this afternoon when the Chinese lady from accounts saw me over there during lunch buying short ribs.
We both said 'hello' politely but we both know what we were really acknowledging is that I was one of the good white people. Not racist at all. A walking, basket-toting embodiment of the ideals of a Benetton ad.

Go me.

knowing I'm just crossing the line ever so slightly by liking loads of posts. Lets face it, checking what posts people have 'liked' is an awkward task. Its grand when you have one or 2 likes, but when you've loads, its a pain in the hole.

cue sinister laugh

I, too, have a particular set of skills

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back