Minor Pleasures (10 Viewers)

Man, that wasn't my experience of Napoli at all.
And I was up and down and around all over that place.
Like it was WRECKED with graffitti and it stank in the summer, but I felt safe at all times.

Covered a lot of Rome by foot and could say the same.

Never been to the others you mentioned there.
But we are talking about experience and that's all individual. Would love to visit Poland, am jealous. And IStanbul!

The Italians have a massive tolerance for graffitti. Maybe that is anti-social behaviour?
I always take it as culture with the Italians. Could be off the mark there.

Well I said "Napoli would intimidate a lot of people". Personally I loved it. The carabinieri were more worrying than any citizen. Handsome armed bastard's that they are.

Never been to Poland or Romania, just going on what others have told me.

Definitely had agg in Istanbul and Rome. And some lads tried it in Sochi, but I'm stretching what "Europe" is.

The carabinieri were more worrying than any citizen. Handsome armed bastard's that they are.
Definitely had that problem

"Stop staring at that drop-dead gorgeous cop, she's got a gun......Stop staring at that drop-dead gorgeous cop, she's got a gun......Stop staring at that drop-dead gorgeous cop, she's got a gun......"

Aren't most European cities like this? Isn't Dublin kind of an outlier?

Or do you mean Orban rules with an iron fist?

I don't know. I think a bit of both maybe. The police people were all massive and hard looking.
Amsterdam always felt sketchy and Barcelona too.

Madrid on the other hand would be similar to Budapest. Capital city and people seem to love living there.
It's affordable and there's no end of stuff to do and see

Any city that's big for tourists is going to become big for criminals - make hay while the sun shines and all. Not much point being a pickpocket/mugger in rural portugal when you've 10,000 fresh targets every day in Lisbon.

Everyone else following the anti tourism protests in Spain?

Everyone else following the anti tourism protests in Spain?

Been watching it

Some of it seems legit, some over the top, just pure anti-capitalism. Which is fine.

Just regulate AirBnb properly. Invest tourism revenue in accommodation.

Barcelona has been murdered though.
I wouldn't like living in a city full of Irish pubs and O'Carrolls shops - which is what the locals there have to put up with

Visiting Budapest for the first time.

Lovely people lovely place. Interesting as fuck

Very little visible anti social behaviour.
I imagine the cops here beat the living fuck out of you if you misbehave. And it must work. So pleasant and safe to wander about

If you want to push the boat out a little but also have one of the best meals of your life look up a place called Gundel.

If you want to push the boat out a little but also have one of the best meals of your life look up a place called Gundel.

Just landed back now.
On Saturday We had a place booked called Tati which was meant to be amazing but there was a fuck up with our booking so to eat elsewhere
And we were in some Middle Eastern place last night that was pretty amazing.
We spotted jessie Rosenberg and his family.

Were we in an Israeli restaurant?

Now that I think of it it was called Mazel Tov 😂

My ignorance is on full display. I did say I was going on what others have told me. I would have thought that implied an admission that I don't know myself.

But hey, you go ahead and feel big on the internet at 01:00 in the morning.

Came into work from my swim this morning and it was lashing rain, like pelting.

But there was a food delivery happening and I was able to get in the side door of work instead of going around the long way
Put a little bounce in my step so it did

Came into work from my swim this morning and it was lashing rain, like pelting.

But there was a food delivery happening and I was able to get in the side door of work instead of going around the long way
Put a little bounce in my step so it did

Knowing the shortcuts around your workplace is definitely a big good thing. Like you're somehow cheating the system or something. It happens a lot in my line of work, where it's all wristbands and passes and I just show up through the other door. I didn't trespass or break in, I just illustrated a security gap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back