Minor Pleasures (15 Viewers)

I'm going to learn how to crow pose though, give it 5-10 minutes a few times a week, I think it'll be a fun little measure of progress. At the moment I can sort of get the positioning right and I think my body is properly engaging the right muscles, my writs probably need to strengthen a bit. But I can't bring myself to push forward off my feet so I can do the arm balance. More of a mental block really, I've always been a coward.

So I can do this now, for a couple of seconds anyway.

I just looked up a crow pose and want to point out that crows do not stand like that, or pose like that. Carry on everyone.

I think it's supposed to look like it's swooping.

Boat pose doesn't look all that much like a boat and chair pose doesn't look much like a chair.

Anyway, once I get comfortable doing it at length I'm going to try to do some sort of head stand

Isn't it amazing what we can teach our bodies to do?

Very impressed with this. Slightly jealous also.

The thing about it is, I didn't even do much practice and failing. I spent a couple of months doing general yoga workouts and some kettlebell things and in the week I decided to give the pose another go and all the other exercises had strengthened me sufficiently to get it. Probably something to be learned about not getting too intensely focussed on the nitty gritty and keep working on the big picture or some shit.

I should set up a linledin profile and put that nonsense on there.

Visiting Budapest for the first time.

Lovely people lovely place. Interesting as fuck

Very little visible anti social behaviour.
I imagine the cops here beat the living fuck out of you if you misbehave. And it must work. So pleasant and safe to wander about
Aren't most European cities like this? Isn't Dublin kind of an outlier?

Or do you mean Orban rules with an iron fist?

Visiting Budapest for the first time.

Lovely people lovely place. Interesting as fuck

Very little visible anti social behaviour.
I imagine the cops here beat the living fuck out of you if you misbehave. And it must work. So pleasant and safe to wander about

I remember fancying all the security guards at the parliament building - good spot for reevaluating your sexuality.

They are. Was just in Bordeaux, it's beautiful and calm, clean and vibrant, everywhere. No rubbish on the streets etc., I think the citizens just respect the place they live in.

I suppose they are. I thought Rome and Istanbul (if that counts) were hairy. Napoli would intimidate a lot of people. I've heard nothing but bad things about Marseille. And everything in Poland and Romania. Maybe the Hungarians are trying to prove a point about being better than the rest of post Soviet Europe.

I suppose they are. I thought Rome and Istanbul (if that counts) were hairy. Napoli would intimidate a lot of people. I've heard nothing but bad things about Marseille. And everything in Poland and Romania. Maybe the Hungarians are trying to prove a point about being better than the rest of post Soviet Europe.
Man, that wasn't my experience of Napoli at all.
And I was up and down and around all over that place.
Like it was WRECKED with graffitti and it stank in the summer, but I felt safe at all times.

Covered a lot of Rome by foot and could say the same.

Never been to the others you mentioned there.
But we are talking about experience and that's all individual. Would love to visit Poland, am jealous. And IStanbul!

The Italians have a massive tolerance for graffitti. Maybe that is anti-social behaviour?
I always take it as culture with the Italians. Could be off the mark there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Poor Creature
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back