Minor Pleasures (3 Viewers)

Yeah. What a result 26,000 swing must be some kind of record.
When Truss's votes were announced at count you would have expected a big cheer from her rival's supporters but only response was Trussites saying "aaawww.."

She was chatty so I let her chat, and I didn't have much to add.
She mentioned Thatcher, which still looms large. Then eventually, after much talk of nice people just being simply nice, which most people are:
Re Truss and her ideas, Tories in general, she said all the points we already know. I didn't say much because I agreed. She made good points about the minutea of the politics here, she wasn't ranting.
And then, her middle class worldly persona collapsed and she said "I mean, she's just a fucking cunt"

A beautiful moment.

This...

So all the pubs have a 01:00 licence tonight around here. It's messy but not total carnage.

I was supposed to be at work until 04:00, but for various reasons I left at 23:30. To the pub!

Anyway, quite strangely a single decker Dublin bus drove by. I didn't catch the number, but even my friends thought it was odd, they've never seen a blue and yellow bus. And it was heading towards France.

"You should have taken a picture, no one back home will believe you"
"I tried, but I've never seen one move so fast!" badum tish.
Apparently that quip is universally understood.

So all the pubs have a 01:00 licence tonight around here. It's messy but not total carnage.

I was supposed to be at work until 04:00, but for various reasons I left at 23:30. To the pub!

Anyway, quite strangely a single decker Dublin bus drove by. I didn't catch the number, but even my friends thought it was odd, they've never seen a blue and yellow bus. And it was heading towards France.

"You should have taken a picture, no one back home will believe you"
"I tried, but I've never seen one move so fast!" badum tish.
Apparently that quip is universally understood.
Maybe it's an Irish Olympic bus

Maybe it's an Irish Olympic bus
I recently spoke to someone who had been working in Paris for that. I said that I'd forgotten that the Olympics were happening, what with everything else that's going on.
He sighed and rolled his eyes and said "I don't think they even know it's happening, by the looks of things".

It's the most oddly low key Olympics. I'm not involved, as yet.

I recently spoke to someone who had been working in Paris for that. I said that I'd forgotten that the Olympics were happening, what with everything else that's going on.
He sighed and rolled his eyes and said "I don't think they even know it's happening, by the looks of things".

It's the most oddly low key Olympics. I'm not involved, as yet.
It's probably low key because of how it's organised - there's only been 2 new facilities built, everything else is planned to use existing stadiums and infrastructure in order to be as renewable/sustainable as possible.

I'm fully expecting a phone call asking me to go there and be a part of the unfucking team. "BUT IT'S FOR THE OLYMPICS!!?". Then I'll get there and spend most of the time waiting around.

And then it'll be show time, and it'll be fine.

This halfwit just had me go into a building where no one is aware of any contract in place and then tried to convince me of its existence from the notes I made and deleted an hour ago. That’s a good hour of company time gone again

This new guy in work has been snippy enough times now to me now that I've had to mention it to my immediate boss and lo and behold I'm not the first person that has mentioned it. He'd only had a phone call this morning about the same dude and a few Comments against him last week from various folk in the office.
Glad it's not just me and this guy is acting like an entitled pass-remarkable bell-end to loads of people.
Informed my superior that if he speaks to me like that again I'm not going to be polite in response to him and will be formally complaining.

This geebag has a review soon so I'm looking forward to him being told to shut the fuck up and hopefully fucking off

It's always good to not be the first one to complain. For survival reasons.
Also good to talk to the boss first. It's a management issue, and this (apparent) prick doesn't deserve your common sense.

It's astounding to me when people are pricks and they're only just after starting. What's your strategy here bud? Become successful by making everyone hate you?

Yep. Dunno how he thinks businesses work, that maybe we’re all Pricks to each other?
I like most people I work with but more importantly there’s mutual respect across the board between everyone and this jumped up little geebag thinks he can come swanning in and start mouthing off about people Behind their backs. Must be substantially thicker than he looks.
Maybe he’s insecure about being no one’s actual boss so he likes projecting by treating us field engineers like were his lackies

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back