Minor Pleasures (13 Viewers)

Endless summer rain yesterday, so I baked a loaf of bread, made butter, mayo, caramelized onions and caramelized garlic. And roasted chicken.
Had an endless supply of awesome sandwiches for my intense session of Season 1 of Bloodline
Oodles of tea, playing Bingo with the Rayburns and my family.

A good day.

being almost fit
. Again!

But I digress , someone left three lovely big jars by the recycling. I took them home ,gave them a scrub and now all my sugars are nicely jarred!

I hate open sugar bags in the press,its messy and unhygienic.

A weekend of sunshine, running, cycling, meeting with friends and BBQs. Friday night: burgers and sausages; Saturday night: tuna steaks and sausages; last night: more tuna steak, a chicken, swordfish and a full sea bream. Was going to go for a veggie/haloumi one tonight but there were so many leftovers that we went with that instead.

A weekend of sunshine, running, cycling, meeting with friends and BBQs. Friday night: burgers and sausages; Saturday night: tuna steaks and sausages; last night: more tuna steak, a chicken, swordfish and a full sea bream. Was going to go for a veggie/haloumi one tonight but there were so many leftovers that we went with that instead.

How did you find the tuna steak? I got some a while back and was less than impressed, I'm not sure what I was expecting but it didn't deliver.

Pleasure: this sandwich I'm about to eat, leaves, turkey, ham, tomato, pepper and three types of cheese. It's only the bread that lets it down.

How did you find the tuna steak? I got some a while back and was less than impressed, I'm not sure what I was expecting but it didn't deliver.

Pleasure: this sandwich I'm about to eat, leaves, turkey, ham, tomato, pepper and three types of cheese. It's only the bread that lets it down.
I love fresh tuna, on the first night we ate it with a home made guacamole on sourdough with a squeeze of lime juice on it. On the second night we had it plain. Just treat it like regular steak, sear both sides and leave the centre pink. Or have it raw with sushi bits and bobs. You need to have a decent fishmonger though, luckily my father-in-law is one.

I love fresh tuna, on the first night we ate it with a home made guacamole on sourdough with a squeeze of lime juice on it. On the second night we had it plain. Just treat it like regular steak, sear both sides and leave the centre pink. Or have it raw with sushi bits and bobs. You need to have a decent fishmonger though, luckily my father-in-law is one.

Got it in Cavistons, they're one of the better fishmongers as far as I know. Where does your father in law work?
Maybe I didn't cook it properly, I'll follow your advice next time.

Put my back out so I have an excuse to spend the day alternating between sitting in the garden reading and sitting on the couch watching the Euros.

When you buy a hot chocolate in Insomnia, and they haven't mixed the chocolate syrup in properly, and you finish the hot chocolate, and it's there at the bottom of the cup, just waiting for you. That stuff is like crack.

It wouldn't, would it? The shop itself should sell them.
Is it not the same as that Hershey's syrup you can buy? Not into those kind of hot chocolates at all, love a nice Butlers one or I'll make my own at home with the Cadbury's powdered stuff (I hate ordering a hot chocolate out and them making it with the Cadbury's, usually charging you three quid for the pleasure and they don't ever put enough in). Best hot chocolate is the Happy Pear in Greystones for the record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back