Minor Pleasures (3 Viewers)

I had Galentines on Friday, then Valentines, and then Galentines again, and this time I'm really quitting drinking.

^ same, and I'm totally not able to recover at all in the way I used to. If I'm 26 and its this shit how bad will it get? Sob. Also I get mega mega sad and anxious when hungover. Lame. Write off the first half of the week with the sads, its like I'm on a yip comedown, which I am not.

Before I went on my healthy water drinking buzz
^ same, and I'm totally not able to recover at all in the way I used to. If I'm 26 and its this shit how bad will it get? Sob. Also I get mega mega sad and anxious when hungover. Lame. Write off the first half of the week with the sads, its like I'm on a yip comedown, which I am not.

Yeah, that's how I get too. I don't like having the sads and it seems to stretch into days rather than a few hours, nowadays.

I rang the tax office about my p60, and they noticed that I'm owed a rebate also Hives cleaned the pub, so I don't have to.
Best day ever.

You need a Stadium Buddy.

I dunno. My sinuses get a bit blocked in winter - I think because I have blown air heating in the apt. This then tends me to start breathing through my mouth while sleeping, which leads me to drink water during the night, which leads to an overnight pee trip.
I really don't want to add another thing to this.

I dunno. My sinuses get a bit blocked in winter - I think because I have blown air heating in the apt. This then tends me to start breathing through my mouth while sleeping, which leads me to drink water during the night, which leads to an overnight pee trip.
I really don't want to add another thing to this.

oh I get that too, you know what's really good for it? sudafed decongestant spray and nasal strips. sleep through the whole night and don't wake up with a dry mouth.

I need to claim back tax on a LOAD of medical and dentistry expenses for last year and think I'm also owed more on rebate also. I've never claimed before and have no idea how to do it, but I'll get on that once they send me my PAYE anytime info. MONEY!

I need to claim back tax on a LOAD of medical and dentistry expenses for last year and think I'm also owed more on rebate also. I've never claimed before and have no idea how to do it, but I'll get on that once they send me my PAYE anytime info. MONEY!

If you talk to your company accountant, they are sometimes only too happy to talk you through that stuff.
They have a wealth of knowledge of the system and hos to play it.
No harm in asking for a 15 minute appointment to discuss your P60 or whatever.

The sads are the worst. I reached the stage where the sads arrived while I was drinking, rather than in the days after. It's one of the reasons I rarely drink anymore - the other being that all my friends are well married at this stage and clearly can't handle the sads/ kids combo.

ps. love that expression for it - "the sads"

Last edited:
Wrong thread but attempting to go Lent without the gargle or takeaways. I'll probably be locked again by Saturday and chowing down on a Chinese snackbox breakfast roll but fuck it gonna give it a go. Also I just had a cup-a-soup and it was gorgeous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back