Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

Working on a chet atkins tune..thought I almost had it..went to youtube to double check

cried

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't stop clenching my teeth. I've got a retainer for the night, but I do it all day long. My jaw is in bits :(

Yes but my soul is starting to be destroyed

I get you. My job is essentially making rich old white guys even richer. I have never felt great about it.

But I need someone to fund my lifestyle and nothing really matters in the end anyway.

My (unasked for) advice would be to keep taking the cheque and find fulfillment in your free time. Or look for another job while keeping this one.

In general I'm reacting against this idea that seems to exist that we all should find this fulfilling career and that we should all love what we do. I think it's garbage for the most part. If you can find one, it's great. But it's a recipe for disappointment for most people.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I have a handful of friends who love what they do for a living. I'm not ashamed to say I envy them.

In my job I end up working for companies I personally find wholly objectionable and it is soul destroying.

But not to worry, we'll all be dead soon.

I have a handful of friends who love what they do for a living. I'm not ashamed to say I envy them.

I honestly can't even imagine what that's like.

In my job I end up working for companies I personally find wholly objectionable and it is soul destroying.

I replenish what there is left of my soul by helping others, donating my time and money to things I believe in.

But not to worry, we'll all be dead soon.
I'd be more of the view that nothing really matters, and we'll be dead soon.

I get you. My job is essentially making rich old white guys even richer. I have never felt great about it.

But I need someone to fund my lifestyle and nothing really matters in the end anyway.

My (unasked for) advice would be to keep taking the cheque and find fulfillment in your free time. Or look for another job while keeping this one.

In general I'm reacting against this idea that seems to exist that we all should find this fulfilling career and that we should all love what we do. I think it's garbage for the most part. If you can find one, it's great. But it's a recipe for disappointment for most people.

Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
This is very close to how i am and what my job was like. I dont want to find the dream career just one were i'm a little more appreciated and given a chance to progress, I'm just stuck here going nowhere now and its got to me all of a sudden. Nice to see i'm not the only one

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back