Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

Someone broke into my house while my girlfriend was standing there watching them when they entered they just said, sorry wrong house and ran. Gards did nothing. And i had to stay awake last night so she could feel and safer try sleep. Fuck you cunt robbers

How did they get in?

The Gards are mostly useless for this type of thing.

That really blows. It's kind of upsetting how easy it is to break locks. I keep getting locked out and have trained myself to pick the lock, and if I can do that then anyone can. Luckily we have security cameras which help but i have lived in houses that have been broken into when I was home and it's a really shitty, upsetting thing. Hope you and your girlfriend are ok :(

Because my gf was at home at the time the front door did was not locked fully. So he basically aimed his jimmying tool at the between the door and frame and was able to pop it open.

Door will be locked all the time from now on as you can imagine

Little things like installing a sensor light at the front door can help against these opportunistic crimes.
Your missus should always have the house look occupied when she is home - fuck the cost. Leave the hall light on and whatever they can see from the back.
Leave a downstairs or living room light on all night also.
This honestly helps in my experience.

Your missus should always have the house look occupied when she is home - fuck the cost.

When I was wee our house was robbed three times despite having the best alarm that the 80's could buy.

After the third burglary my mum said fuck it and left windows and doors open whenever she went out. Never robbed again

Little things like installing a sensor light at the front door can help against these opportunistic crimes.
Your missus should always have the house look occupied when she is home - fuck the cost. Leave the hall light on and whatever they can see from the back.
Leave a downstairs or living room light on all night also.
This honestly helps in my experience.
Living (front) from small window was open with the TV blearing music so she could hear it upstairs. This is a case of just keeping everything locked. I will be improving my light situation on saturday tho.

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
  • pete
  • G
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back