MIKO MIKA (USA, Kill Rock Stars) / NO AGE (USA, Fat Cat) Irish Tour (1 Viewer)

MIKA MIKO
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

NO AGE
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

m_196e79d03547568fb1701ede61b60214.gif

No Age - Weirdo Rippers
At the end of Weirdo Rippers, you're left with a rare sense of having discovered something new. Outside just their sound, No Age bring back the DIY energy of Kicking Giant and Lync and '90s zines and, importantly, a life away from computer screens. The songs have thumping heartbeats. Each and every one. All the jangling feedback loops and cymbal submersions in the world can't hide that.
- Pitchfork 8/10

No Age - My Life’s Alright Without You.mp3

Mika Miko: Capricorinations

Do you have a rough idea of stage times?
God I am really looking forward to this one.

Mika Miko are going to be interviewed on edel coffeys show on phantom this morning sometime between 10 & midday!

Listen in...

Stage Times?

"something" like this maybe...

CAP PAS CAP - 9.00 - 9.30

NO AGE - 9.45 - 10.25

MIKA MIKO - 10.40 - 11.20

Doors - 8.30pm

This is a MUST SEE gig ..

mika miko are good because theyre fucking good.
simple as.

i cant wait for tonight - cap pas cap and mika miko...

deadly buuuuuuuuuuuzzzzzz

.|..|

They just sound like a younger, shitter version of a whole load of other bands.

but eh, nevermind, i wouldn't be able to go either way

Mika Miko are going to be interviewed on edel coffeys show on phantom this morning sometime between 10 & midday!

Listen in...

Stage Times?

"something" like this maybe...

CAP PAS CAP - 9.00 - 9.30

NO AGE - 9.45 - 10.25

MIKA MIKO - 10.40 - 11.20

Doors - 8.30pm

Thanks!

I can understand everyone getting all het up about seeing Mika Miko but I reckon No Age is going to steal it tonight.
This is all very exciting. Far too much excitement for a Monday really.

how deadly was this?i think i saw a few thumpeders there but i was far too morto to approach them in public..

no age really surprised me cos i didnt think id like them..it was cool to see such a big crowd there..although it was funny that the biggest crowd seemed to be there for cap pas cap..they were class though..more bis-like than the last time i saw them..

and mika miko were amazzzzzzzzzzzing...

cap pas cap were actually my highlight of last night's gig..
i thought they played the best set ive ever heard them play and i got lost in it ..
if they had have played that same set at the end of the night the boom boom room would have kicked off.

great to see huge crowd at this - but a quiet crowd too..

i thought mika miko were going to blow me away but they didnt - glad ive seen them live though..have wanted to for ages.

i got the impression the bass player spends alot of time watching ellies way of playing bass (from erase erratta)- just the same rocking back and forth bass playing moves - she was excellent..as was the drummer..loved the telephone mike too - but i dunno - didnt get 'moved' - but then how old are they all?
about 20?
huge potential - because what theyre doing is excellent and i love the band- but it didnt feel like it was happening last night?

cool no age going up on the table and playing the guitar - i liked their sound.

twas a good night .|..|

class show, nearly didn't go coz i was a very tired monday hermie yesterday.really glad i did though.enjoyed all 3 sets, Miko Mika stood out for me though.really enjoyed No Age too, one or two songs in particular were fantastic.really like their sound but at times i think the actual songs let them down. Cap As Cap were great as usual.

good few thumpeders alright. don't think i'd remember you to see muffin but you should've said hello if you saw me. was there with nate champion and big fists. Was it Janer who was giving out about the vocals for No Age?

class show, nearly didn't go coz i was a very tired monday hermie yesterday.really glad i did though.enjoyed all 3 sets, Miko Mika stood out for me though.really enjoyed No Age too, one or two songs in particular were fantastic.really like their sound but at times i think the actual songs let them down. Cap As Cap were great as usual.

good few thumpeders alright. don't think i'd remember you to see muffin but you should've said hello if you saw me. was there with nate champion and big fists. Was it Janer who was giving out about the vocals for No Age?

Janer was funny last night I thought. "play some punk songs".

Liked all three sets. Best I've seen CAP PAS CAP.

No Age made some of the ceiling fall on my head.

Mika Miko seemed were freaked out by the quiet crowd. Didn't know how to handle it I think.

Well done skinny wolves!

didnt see you there hermie..i saw das nugs (who i did say hello to!) and think i saw siobhan and gambra..

was janer the guy who was filming mika miko?

oh and das nugs: have you realised that you and the singer from cap pas cap could be twins!!i kept thinking he was you and going to say hello to him:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back