Middle aged pleasures (3 Viewers)

Here in the midlands, they ruined large tracts of bio-diverse land extracting turf. I'd love to see it left to nature to restore itself, but another option might be to use that land for solar farms- like, they've already made shit of it so...

Technically the bogs are also ruined bio diverse places that used to be covered in native trees.

yes it was the brits

I feel I have resurrected the Middle Aged Pleasures thread only to see it turn into twitter

It's tidy.
But don't give away that secret. The Welsh like leeks, not leaks.

It's far from secret. The real name is Llanfairpwllgwyngyll or Llanfair PG for short.

I lived nearby for a few years.

It's fecking gorgeous over there in Angelsey.

The Welsh are like if English people were likeable.

It is except Holyhead of course. I'd say the Welsh are more like the Irish but sure that's essentially what you're saying.

A great place for a solar farm actually would be that prick next doors front lawn. I've been listening to his stupid baby tractor lawnmower for two days now. I can pretty much vouch at this point that the only time he enters that space to do anything is when he mows it. The silage guys started harvesting once the sun came out and he got jealous and had to go and play with his baby tractor.

It is 6 days later and he's at it again. The bit I mowed two weeks ago is still grand for another few days.

Wisdom
Or what passes for it

It has probably been said better by others, but I keep coming back to Giorgio Moroder on that Daft Punk song

He's talking about music here. But it applies to almost every area of our own lives.

There's almost nothing stopping us from doing almost anything we want to do in this life - except the preconceptions in our own minds.
Every time you stop telling yourself you can't do something, you make your world that much larger.

Once you free your mind about a concept of
Harmony and of music being "correct"
You can do whatever you want
So, nobody told me what to do
And there was no preconception of what to do

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back