Micheal Parky slags Jade Goody- too soon??? (1 Viewer)

i think he's more giving out about the media than goody tho, i mean she was an eejit who had a tragic death, no one is denying that, but the media should be held up to critiscism for the wretched circus that has been going on for the last 5 years.

I think the world had had enough of Jade Goody the first or second time she crossed over from the retarded 'social experiment' mind numb that was Big Brother into news headlines. The fact that she died from cancer at such a young age was a tragedy for her young family and friends. Anyone else upset by it needs to seriously question what on earth they are investing their lives caring about.

spot fucking on.

i think he's more giving out about the media than goody tho, i mean she was an eejit who had a tragic death, no one is denying that, but the media should be held up to critiscism for the wretched circus that has been going on for the last 5 years.

Yeah but I agree with him there is a certain amount of glee glee taken in feeling superior about the whole thing.

Heres what auld Parky said about the late Jade Goody.

What do yiz think

1) True
2) True but bad
3) Just bad

"Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it's significant, it's nothing to be proud of. Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di."When we clear the media smoke screen from around her death, what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today.
"She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile. Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and became a media chattel to be exploited til the day she died."

1)

Good one for bursting the hype bubble.

The brit's are STILL obsessed with class.

All credit to the like's of Jade & Kerry Katona though. Through clever use of the media they gained access to a lifestyle that they would never have got near if it was based on merit, talent, intelligence ect ... It's not their fault they're parents were morons.

took the words right outta my mouth.

"what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today."

Not true, there's plenty worse about Britain today. Seems to me that Jade wanted the attention that the media gave her. How can you only blame an individual, when the institution enabled and encouraged such an obsession with fame? I think it would be more true to say that what happened to this woman came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about the mainstream media in Britain today. I see Parky's statement as being part of the that.

She was. She was just like a sniff candle in the wind. Somebody else described her as a taste torch in the fog but I dont think that's accurate at all.
this it it

what use was she at all ?

now an ear candle , at least that has a function

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back