merzbow/aube/msbr/masonna/emil noise/power electronics (1 Viewer)

Do a search on the forum for "Noise Music". There was a thread on it a few weeks ago so there might be some info there for ya

Same Here. Been listening to loads of Wolf Eyes,Merzbow, Double Leopards, Dead Machines stuff lately

one of my favorite genres of music, if i had to pick ones.
I like the fact that your user name is japanese of "vomiting/diahorroa/retch/retch/retch". And that "band" is reponsible for some of the most ridiculous and hillarious anti-music ever.

My recommendations:
Merzbow: Dharma (best digital album), Brain Ticket Death (best analogue album, part of the Merzbox however) and Sleeper Awakes On the Edge of Abyss (collaboration with the wonderful Christoph Heemann- atypical)
Whitehouse: Bird Seed, Cruise, Erector
NON (Boyd Rice): Easy Listening for Iron Youth, Receive the Flame
Throbbing Gristle: Second Annual Report, Live at the Rat Club (two discs in the 24 hours box)
Alvin Lucier: Bird and Person Dyning
John Duncan and Christoph Heemann: Incoming
Nurse With Wound: Glory Hole (from "Large Ladies With Cake In The Oven"), Swansong (from "A Missing Sense"), Fashioned to a device behind a tree (from "Automating"), "The Schmurz" (from "Homotopy To Marie")
Maurizio Bianchi: albums from the early 80s only.

do you own the merzbox by any chance? saw him perform in october, nice fella too!
got some gerogerigegege stuff offa ebay, tokyo anal dynamite is my fav of his stuff, had to download it from soulseek, very rare, 2-6 second blasts of noise, ramones style count into each 'track' and the name of each track too..all beginning with g!haha!
as for merzbow its never ending the releases he brings out..pulse demon's unreal as is the live cd with jazzkammer...
other stuff of interest the haters, gruntsplatter, masonna, flying testicle release is great, kk null.. noisemp3.com have tons of downloads,really harsh stuff like circuit wound, emil beaulieu, stimbox, bacillus etc. well worth the download if you have the time
whitehouse were brilliant in Cork, don't have birdseed yet...

No, i dont own the Merzbox, but a very close friend of mine does. I have heard alot of it...
The singles collection by Gerogerigegege is the only one i have. "Violence Onanie" is highly amusing; a 50 year old man wanking to the sounds of gunfire, bombs and military fanfares.
emil's RRR label put out a compilation cassette of japanese noise called "eat shit noise music", which was very interesting, worth seeking out.
I would say without doubt "Bird Seed" is Whitehouse's best album.

Some more recommendations:
Nurse With Wound: Cold (from the album "Thunder Perfect Mind")
Russell Haswell: Live Salvage (very full-on assaultive and abrasive noise, feeling like a surge of power)
Masonna: Shock Rock
Vagina Detata Organ: The Perpignan Killings (an anti-music classic, the sounds of couples having sex, wolves growling, the drums of the calenda festival, and Jim Jones giving lectures at Jonestown as his cult kill/murder themsleves. all real sounds, very intense on the whole)
KK Null: Absolute Null Punkt (live, and the best thing he has done)

its all very fashionable these days, isn't it?

whitehouse: one of the worst live "bands" ever.

damien said:
whitehouse: one of the worst live "bands" ever.
Yep, utter rubbish. Seemed particularly tame after the madness that happened before they came on.

I never did get a copy of the postal worker CDr.

and me laughing all over the top of it and all. Ah what a gig. Except for shitehouse, obviously.

damien said:
its all very fashionable these days, isn't it?
You're right there Mr. Lincoln.
A good trawl through the Wire and you'll be able to name-drop with the best of the beard-strokers.

Still, there are some noise acts that are grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!

"its all very fashionable these days, isn't it?"

"You're right there Mr. Lincoln. A good trawl through the Wire and you'll be able to name-drop with the best of the beard-strokers."

I'm not slagging or anything, but that sounds a like you think anyone that's just begun listening to noise music is just trying to be trendy or something. Maybe it's just that with recent in-depth coverage of the noise music scene, people are now able to find new noise artists and their material. It's a pretty underground scene still and it's pretty rare that you'd see any of the cds in normal shops (except Merzbow maybe). I've always had in interest in experimenting with sound and noise but, until recently, never knew of, or had access to, any artists and their work. I know i'm rambling but it just seems like yiz are being a bit "i heard it first, years ago" about the whole thing.

chutneyfarmer said:
I know i'm rambling but it just seems like yiz are being a bit "i heard it first, years ago" about the whole thing.
Not at all. But it's certainly in vogue at the moment. Like many people, I'm only new to noise.

chutneyfarmer said:
Fair enough so : ) Sorry
Oh! There's no need to be sorry. There's a lot of noise stuff that's rowing my boat these days. It is true to say that it's still pretty inaccessible to the general public.

I guess I'm a bit disillusioned with what's underground. It's finally occuring to me that what seems cutting edge or out-there is actually being pushed on you, just like the way these boybands and pop acts are pushed onto a general market. It's

It's nice when you come across something you really like that you've never read or heard about before.

Em... that's going off on a tangent.
Anyway... the tMULUt label has some fun stuff on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back