Meeting People (1 Viewer)

Yeah, once you get to know someone. First impressions are still first impressions, when it comes to attraction. I'd say a busy woman who has her shit together is probably looking for someone similar which would mean, being on top of their game physically. Men say they are big on humour and confidence too but still look for more physically. Generally speaking, of course, but I'd say men and women are equally judgmental and picky.

But this woman in the Irish Times is writing in saying that she can't find anyone to date.

But really we're supposed to read between the lines and know that she means that she can't find someone 'athletic physiqued'?

Shouldn't she say that?

Also, boo-hoo. She should try Tinder (supposedly).

My guess, anyone driven enough to be very successful has standards even if they don't admit it. Everyone is dateable. I don't care who you are, someone out there will date you. Walking down any street and looking at couples holding hands proves this theory. You just might not be attracted to those who want to date you, like (my guess) this woman.

the fine art of over-analysis

his version: yeah i went on a date with some weird chick this one time, she made me a mixtape - i don't even have a cassette player
I actually didn't read it, I just went to the mixtape itself and rolled by eyes for a bit. Even at the songs I liked!

Same old story so.

A woman complaining that there's no one to date, when she really means there is no one tall/rich/thin/non-bald/stylish enough.

It was ever thus.

Although I do like the wrinkle of blaming it on her salary. That's nicely done there.

I would say that it's only fair that men be as unhappy with their bodies as women are.

I would say that it's only fair that men be as unhappy with their bodies as women are.

We're probably a bit away from that yet.

Read this?

Read Amy Schumer’s Ms. Gala Speech -- Vulture

The woman in the story is borderline batshit and blames it on some drunk guy that calls her. Like it's his fault she can't process reality.

I love her show though. Great stuff altogether.

We're probably a bit away from that yet.
I think we're at it. The younger lads around the office, all they want to talk about is their workout routine and diets. TBH fair dues to them for putting in the time and effort, no knocking that, but it comes to the point where it's at the expense of everything else.

this yoke was doing the rounds about a week ago, very long but it's very good and rings true:

Men's Journal Magazine - Men's Style, Travel, Fitness and Gear

TL;DR version is the ideal body is now Brad Pitt in Fight Club. This body can be achieved through sheer exertion, constant dieting and pushups before takes (or, um, meetings I suppose)..... oh and drugs of course.

I think we're at it. The younger lads around the office, all they want to talk about is their workout routine and diets. TBH fair dues to them for putting in the time and effort, no knocking that, but it comes to the point where it's at the expense of everything else.

this yoke was doing the rounds about a week ago, very long but it's very good and rings true:

Men's Journal Magazine - Men's Style, Travel, Fitness and Gear

Yeah, I read it. Or some of it. I don't even buy the premise. You ever see Brando in his heyday?
He might not have been doing crunches, but he was doing some fucking thing. Arms like tree trunks.
Cary Grant in North By Northwest last night is 55. He's running around in a towel for a bit of it. That dude was in the gym very regularly. Had to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back