• Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

MDR

Did you get my email?
Website
www.myspace.com
It's been a while since I have been visibly active music-wise, so I thought I start ramping things up. (I have been writing away all this time, but it's just taken this long for me to get to the stage where I have something to announce.)

We recorded the music for the new album in three days last week with Jimmy Eadie. It will take a bit more time to add vocals and do all the mixing, but so far the album is sounding very promising and I hope to have it out in August. It will be called 'Dictionary Crimes' and the track listing is:

Cheer Up, Charlie Brown
Sister Ill, Better Now
Cade Calf Call
The Harm
Little Mite
What if my children get bullied?
St Christopher's Water
Being Bill Cosby
The Birdcage
My New broken leg

The album is done on two acoustic guitars and a bass, with drums on three songs. The whole album is themed on 'the family' - I'll explain a bit more about that some other time. The album is being released in conjunction with the 'Popical island' label - home to Groom, Walpurgis Family, Yeah Deadlies, Land Lovers, Big Monster Love, Squarehead and of course Tieranniesaur.

I will have a song on the forthcoming Popical Island compilation - probably 'Sister Ill, Better Now'.

I am playing a gig on 9 March as the Supafast building on Great Strand Street, just off Capel Street. It sounds like an interesting space - I think that it's byob and you just pay a few quid on the door, but I'll get back with full details when I have them.

'Can't Help fading to Grey' from my first album (Senor, My Friend . . .) is being used in Irish indie film 'No Messages' (Grumpy Editor from Thumped is involved with it) - the facebook page on the film is here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Messages/211192308941669 .

Great stuff!

You should come to a Popical meeting Ro. It's like this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks everybody - I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks about the album when it comes out.

(It's deadly by the way.)

Details of the gig on 9 March:

Location is a place called the Supafast Building which is a gallery space just off Capel St. As you come from the bridge its the first right and about 40ft down there's a big green door.

Doors are from 7pm till about 12.

GSTAR 8.15 - 8.45
TWIN HEADED WOLF 9 - 9.30
MUMBLIN DEAF RO 9.45 - 10.15
WAYNE SOPER 10.30 - 11

It's a fiver in.

None of my albums are available on vinyl I'm afraid.

We have redone the Harm - similar arrangement, but some nuances to the interplay between the guitars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back