mc donalds: can i have a career with that? (1 Viewer)

analyst-therapist

analrapist.jpg

i once worked in burger king, lasted five hours.
told the manager i wasn't staying when i saw his sign on the back of the staffroom door listing the six people who had been on the tills one lunchtime when £40 was taken in in fake 20s, and demanding £7 from each person on the tills.

The main difference between McDs and Burger King is that Buger King microwave their burgers, or at least they did when I worked there.

So "flame grill"=microwave?
Mental

i worked in a burger king for a week and a half when i was 19. if i remember right, the meat starts from frozen - they put it through a griller thing, then store it in a steamer-type thing to stop it going completely cold, until someone orders something - then they microwave it, to get it hot again. so, three different blasts of heat and cold between beginning and end - great for food safety.

i got asked one day to do something particularly stupid, so i just walked out and didn't go back. i was only there to try and get some money together for college. pretty much the shittiest job i've ever had, but i sort of knew what i was letting myself in for.

oh yeah - i've never eaten at a burger king, mcdonalds or similar establishments ever since, and have also subsequently turned vegetarian.

I was in the queue with Bobby Gillespie at Burger King in ATP. He's a very skinny man.

I worked at McDonald's in California for a Summer when I was 17. Some of the dumbest people I've ever met worked there.

I noticed that if anyone black, asian or over 50 started they'd get put on the tills, as if to show to the world their policy of equal opportunity. But all the Mexicans got stuck out the back flipping burgers. And me (I presume they thought my Irish accent was indecpherable to the average American). I liked working with the Mexicans though, they were good crack. The management were all right I guess, lights-are-on-but-nobody's-home-types mostly. Not the worst. I remember the "time to lean, time to clean" thing. And yeah, you weren't allowed to eat the food unless you paid for it. And you have to throw out food as soon as it's past a certain time, like 15 minutes or whatever. LOTS of food gets thrown out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back