Mbox - possible driver problem (1 Viewer)

Stereobaby

Alright.

Having a problem with me mbox and laptop. Been using the mbox for a while now with Reason without any problems. However I was trying to record vocals in Cubase to put through Recycle but my laptop doesnt seem to recognise the mbox as a recording device. Play back through the mbox is grand as I've been getting playback no worries with Reason but I cant seem to set it as a default recording device or even just a recording device.

Could it be a driver problem? I had already downloaded and installed the asio drivers 7.0 (i think) which is the standalone driver but it doesnt work. Should I maybe try and re-install the drivers on the cd I got with the mbox.

Wrecking me buzz

Any help would be deadly.

Cheers,

Don't know what the problem is, but you can definitely use the MBox to record with Cubase etc.

Cheers men.

Will give that a go when I get home.

Goff is this shit a common problem or something? What is the story with it?

Would it be better to install the drivers from the disk or the standalone ones from the website?

I'd always go for the latest drivers available but that can cause all sorts of shite. Especially when they're new. I'd say start from the CD but the, when you know the thing is working, try it with the latest ones from the website.

Or, if you're happy with the drivers as they are, don't touch. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," applies here. The main thing is to have a stable system.

Now, take my tips with a pinch of salt. My only experience of mbox is on a mac with a friend. The advice I offered was based on years of messing with sound cards and graphics cards and all sorts of rubbish on pc systems.

Currently using an emu 1820m. Never had a driver problem with that. And I have a creative labs audigy something or other installed as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back