Mashed Potato (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
don't get me wrong, i love spuds in any shape or form. but nothing warms the tummy more than a huge bowl of creamy mashed potatoes.
god they're so good. mmmmmnyummm

piglet-HPIM0612.JPG

PS fake mashed potato most certainly does NOT count. ever.
that is all.

Bellatrix said:
Comfort food extraordinaire.

did you see that bbc food programme a while back that profiled a couple from london? it was on a saturday morning and the theme was comfort foods. he went on about toast while she went cringedeep into detail about her mashed potato ritual, throwing in all manner of sexual innuendos throughout, and culminating with her curling up on the couch, surrounded by candles, dildoing the stuff into her gob. you'd swear she was in some kind of carb crack den. uck, it was horribly compelling.

i made my special, pork chops and potato cakes for my cousin last night. all washed down with a glass of ribena. she seemed to enjoy it.

Lefty Frizzell said:
she went cringedeep into detail about her mashed potato ritual, throwing in all manner of sexual innuendos throughout, and culminating with her curling up on the couch, surrounded by candles, dildoing the stuff into her gob.

Nigella Lawson?

watch it liz, you can't be flinging fat acusations about nigella around like that. You're just not *that* sexy. Yet.

La La said:
PS fake mashed potato most certainly does NOT count. ever.
that is all.

You mean Smash? I can't understand how anyone can eat that excuse for "food". It is so powedery. Blerruugh. Mash doesn't take much effort anyway, all you need to do is boil up a few spuds and squash them with a masher thingy.

Poem actually included by me in a primary school Valentine's card:

Mashed Potato/Love Poem.

If I ever had to choose between you
and a third helping of mashed potato,
(whipped lightly with a fork
not whisked,
and a little pool of butter
melting in the middle...)
I think
I’d choose
the mashed potato
But I’d choose you next.

By Sidney Hoddes

Needless to say, it didn't work out.

the mere idea of eating potatoes in any form disgusted me , (except chips of course), until I was about 21, when I found myself etiquette-bound to eat a plateful of mash served up to me by a friend's ma once. it tasted amazing.

so yeah, mash. rock.

I know... :rolleyes: had to put up with some of the most unbelievable shit from people when I was a kid because of my constant refusal to eat potatoes. everything from shocked disbelief and gentle blackmail to aggressive potato force feeding tactics.. and constantly trotted out phrases from relations etc. like "you're never full until you have a spud!" and "they'll put hair on your chest."

aargh!

I really think there's some kind of famine related attitude about potatoes in this country. people are really defensive about the mighty spud..

I still don't really eat potatoes much, but I don't hate them anymore. I hate animals now, (eating them that is...)

:)

Latex lizzie said:
Is nigella fat or what? never can tell they only ever do head shots and hand shots on t.v.

shes cute all the same.

Nigella's great. I love her books too. You can just read them for pleasure, without ever having to buy the ingredients for mazza balls or kedgeree or whadeva.

Her best recipe ever is the one for the fried peanut-butter sandwiches that Elvis loved during his tub-o-lard period.

darragh said:
I know... :rolleyes: had to put up with some of the most unbelievable shit from people when I was a kid because of my constant refusal to eat potatoes. everything from shocked disbelief and gentle blackmail to aggressive potato force feeding tactics.. and constantly trotted out phrases from relations etc. like "you're never full until you have a spud!" and "they'll put hair on your chest."

aargh!

I really think there's some kind of famine related attitude about potatoes in this country. people are really defensive about the mighty spud..

I still don't really eat potatoes much, but I don't hate them anymore. I hate animals now, (eating them that is...)

:)

-good thing you eat potatoes then.

Bellatrix said:
Her best recipe ever is the one for the fried peanut-butter sandwiches that Elvis loved during his tub-o-lard period.

yes! this is amazing and i think vegan too actually. went through a phase of making them in my friend's house after school about seven years ago. i totally forgot that... banana and peanutbutter right?

course, i cant stomach peanut butter since my time in the desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back