Martyrdöd + Agrimonia (2 Viewers)

Probably you already know them (I don't know how big they are outside Sweden), but I think these are 2 of the best recent Swedish bands, which share members by the way.

MARTYRDÖD: brutal metallic crust www.myspace.com/martyrdod

AGRIMONIA: atmospheric crust with black and doom influences www.myspace.com/agrimonia

Have seen martyrdod a few times over the years, most recently at punk illegal where to be honest the level of drunkeness took away from the performance. Cliched as it is I prefer their older stuff, In Extremis is still good.

Saw Agrimonia at the fest for the first time too, interesting what they're doing but not sure if I like them yet.

both bands are great, AGRIMONIA was biggest surprise of this years Shittown, get their s/t LP on skuld NOW ! or convince skubol to get it for his distro

In fairness, these bands are good but if I get the urge to hear Swedish people doing something influenced by Death Metal, I think I'd just whack on some Nihilist or Nirvana 2002

Swedish people doing something influenced by death metal = Nihilst? Wha?! Nihilst = Swedish people inventing death metal. Swedish death metal.

As for Martyrdod, every time I've seen them live they've been arse. In Extemis however is fucking amazing. I think it's at least twice as good as the first one.

Yeah, Agrimonia were awesome at Shit Town. Can't wait to hear them again. Pity about Warcollapse. What a pile of shit.

Martyrdod have been recording their new album, allegedly...it won't have anything to do with Necromorbis or Havoc, it's all being self-recorded and is apparently raw-as-fock and is called Sekt...personally I'm salivating like a bastard over the prospect of it...

Yeah. What I meant was I'd rather listen to Swedish Death Metal than Swedish Punks interpreting death metal.

aaaaaaaanyway, I've not actually heard "In Extremis".I must rectify that.

Have seen martyrdod a few times over the years, most recently at punk illegal where to be honest the level of drunkeness took away from the performance. Cliched as it is I prefer their older stuff, In Extremis is still good.

As far as I remember (not much, though) that wasn't an exceptional show; but it doesn't matter, the rulers of the festival were Skitkids anyway :p.

Are they still going!?

Such an amazing band and a fukkin incredible live act!!

Oh yes. No matter how depressed, bored or sober you are, they will cheer you up and make you move.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If it's not clear, the guitar player is a worked out spiderman and the bass player a gorilla with dreadlocks :cool:.

Are they still going!?

Such an amazing band and a fukkin incredible live act!!

Fuckin right! Best band in Sweden, they fucking RULE. Not always though; every time I see them they're either too drunk & stoned and haven't bothered practising and sound like shit, or else they totally fucking slay and are immaculate, untouchable. PUNK.

Yeah. What I meant was I'd rather listen to Swedish Death Metal than Swedish Punks interpreting death metal.

aaaaaaaanyway, I've not actually heard "In Extremis".I must rectify that.

The interesting thing is that they're not in fact interpreting death metal, which they have almost no interest in. They don't have any death metal influence, they're taking it all from crust and just upping it a notch...further breaking down the wall between death metal and crust.

only listening to agrimonia for the first time now and it sounds pretty good but wouldn't be too mad into it.

love 'in extremis'.pure class from start to finish.

Don't know much about either band, except Martyrdods In Extremis, Skitkids, on the other hand

dbg23mfv.jpg

FANTASTIC

a monkey having a wank

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back