martin finke (1 Viewer)

palace

i miss his music...

...always thought he got unfairly thrown in with the whole whelans singer / songwriter bunch of cronies...

wrong time, wrong place i guess...

what is the collective term for these types anyway?

It'd be useful to know

i miss his music...

...always thought he got unfairly thrown in with the whole whelans singer / songwriter bunch of cronies...

wrong time, wrong place i guess...

I completely agree. He's seven metric tonnes more interesting than the s/s lot, more at the Nina Nastasia poetic end of things. Some of his soundscape/experimental stuff is deadly too. It was always upsetting to see him get talked over at (fucking) Frames gigs.

i agree with you

an amazingly talented writer

i believe he's in americay at the moment, san fran i think

such a sound guy! and yes his music and more so his lyrics are brilliant.
never deserved to be lumped into that s/s category, so much more to him.
he lives in san fran at the moment as well.i think he is working on new material.

did you know he can speak english, irish, german, french, spanish and portuguese fluently? well there ya go!

according to a recent email he sent out there's plans afoot for some irish dates in november.

were this to come to fruition i would whoop with excitement and clap hands in contentment

sw him in the cobblestone pub a few years back,there was only about 5 people there,twas really good tho,played a mean version of "reel around the fountain"

Saw him one time and he finished the set with the Wedding Present's Octupussy.
It was deadly. :)
his version is fantastic! he is a HUGE wedding present and Cocteau Twins fan.
I love Martin - he's just a lovely, lovely person and so talented to boot. There's so much to him besides singer-songwritery stuff. And his wife Lara is fabulous too!

indeed, it seems like ages since crown time came out. he hasn't played irealdn in years either. does anyone have a spare copy of the how not to ep?? mine got nicked a year ago and i've managed to replace everything else except that :(

indeed, it seems like ages since crown time came out. he hasn't played irealdn in years either. does anyone have a spare copy of the how not to ep?? mine got nicked a year ago and i've managed to replace everything else except that :(
i have it, if i can get it uploaded or summat I'll let you know!
he's living in San Fran still I think! he and lara come back to ireland occasionally.

as if by magic:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]18 Nov 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]Boom Boom Room[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dublin 1, Dublin[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]21 Nov 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]tbd[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cork, Cork[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]22 Nov 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]The Crane Bar[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Galway, Galway[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]23 Nov 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]Func Room[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Clifden, Galway[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]24 Nov 2007[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20:00[/FONT]Crawdaddy[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dublin 2, Dublin[/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back