Marriage stuffs (1 Viewer)

i suppose in this post-9/11 world, we need anything we can hold on to, desperately, to give us some meaning or sense or security in this fucked up, desperate mess we live in
god bless marriage
god bless god

gettingmarried.ie said:
Q. My fiance is baptised but is not a Catholic and I am: can we get married in my Parish Church?

A. Yes, you may get married in your parish church provided the necessary paperwork is in order, as in completion of the pre-nuptial enquiry form, including the mixed marriage section. This is done in conjunction with your local priest. If your fiance is not baptised, you must get a dispensation from your local bishop in order to marry in the Catholic Church.

The full list of people legally authorised to perform marraiges is available on the GRO website: http://www.groireland.ie/Register_of_Solemnisers.xls

I thought god hates america cos america loves fags?

is that not what the good rev.phelps said? You calling him a liar?

I was in Cambridge, MA when the first gays got married a few years back.
Thousands upon thousands of people in the middle of the night outside the City Hall (the law came into effect at midnight) cheering as each newly-married couple emerged, just a wonderful atmosphere - they really do know how to throw a party. It was so crowded though, it was hard to find anyone.

The thing I remember most fondly was my lesbian friend giving directions on her phone and using the God Hates Fags protestors as a meeting point. "We're just beside the God Hates Fags people" she said more than once, like they were a street light or some hateful bollard, as more and more people rang her. She wasn't the only one.
The GHFs could hear and a few seemed visibly pissed off that
a) No one was paying them a blind bit of notice
b) Their stupid signs and banners were actually helping the fags find each other for their big gay midnight wedding fest.

Love conquers all.

True story.

i don't understand that. it's not the parents day and any parent that tries to force church wedding on there child on one of the most important days of their life because of what the neghbours/siblings will think needs a kick up the hole IMHO
The reality of weddings is there is no demarcation of whose day is is, and if the couples' parentses/aunts+uncles/grandparents want a say in what happens they'll try and have a say, and if the couple don't want them to then they'll have to deal with that.

In my experience though most of the influence of parents on weddings has been children trying to please parents without really sounding the parents out at all. "Oh my ma would be so upset if we didn't get married in a church" - but in actual fact Mother hasn't been consulted at all, bride/groom is just second-guessing her. Who knows?

medium_2486449942_d9008e4998_o.jpg

i actually know someone who was proposed to by her now husband who was dressed up as darth vader
i shit you not.

nerd fucking city

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back