Mark Gardener (EX RIDE) At The Sugar Club Nov 23rd (1 Viewer)

A few bears in

Falling Out Into The Night

Mark Gardener (Ex RIDE)
Support: Robert Lammas + Dj’s Playing indie
At The Sugar Club
Sunday 23rd November 2003

Almost ten years after Ride last appeared in Ireland in 1994 and their subsequent breakup a few months later, frontman Mark Gardener will be making a welcome return to these shores for an intimate acoustic evening of Ride classics and new material for one night only at the Sugar Club on November 23rd.

Ride were formed in 1988 in Oxfordshire, U.K., consisting of vocalist/guitarist Gardener, guitarist/vocalist Andy Bell, bassist Stephan Queralt, and drummer Loz Colbert. The band emerged alongside peers like Lush, Pale Saints, Slowdive, My Bloody Valentine, Chapterhouse and Swervedriver, quickly becoming indie darlings and being heralded as leaders of England's early-'90s shoegazing movement. Between 1989 and 1996, the band released four studio albums, four EPs, one live album and several singles. 2001 saw the release of OX4_The Best of Ride, and the re-release of their back catalogue.

Their influence lives on today with many new and established acts on both sides of the Atlantic (Supergrass, Elbow, Coldplay, The Warlocks) namechecking them.

During the past few months Mark has been touring solidly and using any spare time to demo tracks for his solo debut, due next spring, and also mixing his live album comprised of his April 2003 set in New York to be released in November. His date at the Sugar Club is part of a brief European jaunt taking in Stockholm, Brussels, Paris, London, Milan, and Madrid, before some more UK dates to end the year.

Support comes from promising newcomer Robert Lammas.

Available on the night in very limited quantities is “What you get?” an exclusive gig CD with one track from Mark and one track from Robert Lammas.

Tickets are only Ten Euro and are available from City Discs Temple Bar Lane South Dublin 2.

"an intimate acoustic evening of Ride classics"

what like a vibrator unplugged? or a fella with a guitar singing songs about gettin laid?

so, correct me if i'm worng, this guy used to be good looking but he had an accident or something?

and.........

*SCHMAK* :D

nlgbbbblth said:
Chapterhouse were never that good
but Slowdive were AWESOME

check out Pygmalion - .|..|
There was about 3 good songs on that chapterhouse album but the tape copy has long since succumbed to chewage.

Never got to pygmailion, fool that I am, but "just for a day" is always in the floating top 10, nice to see mogwai finally growing out of ripping that album off wholesale.:p

Slowdive acoustic show though...!baggyyyy ...bees in a jar.

I really can't picture one of the best indie anthems ever, nama Leave Them All Behind being pulled off on an acoustic geetar... Whether it's MArk Gardiner or no, it just coungers up an image of a stoned student in his bedsit with an ample fringe...

two minds about going

Ian said:
I really can't picture one of the best indie anthems ever, nama Leave Them All Behind being pulled off on an acoustic geetar... Whether it's MArk Gardiner or no, it just coungers up an image of a stoned student in his bedsit with an ample fringe...

two minds about going

Yeah...I'd go just to see what did work though..."nowhere" would be a bit grim :(

Blurb sells it as new stuff and "classics"...don't sound like they're too confident about the new stuff !ninjaaaa

Ian said:

two minds about going
ridin'?

on the way............soon

it must be terribly depressing being an ex ride ,what happened did he get disfigured or old and fat .?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back