March for a Decent Public Health Service (1 Viewer)

Shorty

writing at n-1 dimensions
People have probably already seen posters for this around town, but thought I'd put it up.

DCTU Campaign for a Decent Public Health Service
Dublin Council of Trade Unions
Youth Committee ICTU

Campaign for a Decent Public Health Service

March

'Enough! It's (passed) time for a decent Public Health Service!

Saturday, 29th March
Assemble at Garden of Remembrance
Parnell Square
3.00 p.m.

Speakers from Trade Unions, Health Professionals, Patients' groups, Health and Hospital campaigns.

Time to raise one loud voice!

Radical Health Reform from the Bottom Up:
Towards a Cure - WSM Health Pamphlet

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/86669

I think the march is a great idea. Fair play. Health system is a big bollox (that being said, I must commend the people who work in hospitals who've managed to treat me really well and been really awesome despite the shitehawk of a system they're working in).

I know cleanliness is an issue, but isn't the problem with MRSA more likely to be because of over-crowding and under-staffing? Volunteering to clean hospitals is one thing to do (maybe we could go in and 'help' the doctors by attacking them with disinfectant, seeing as the government are suggesting they can't be trusted to wash their hands with that lastest BULLSHIT ad campaign), while marching against the injustice and the bureaucratic bullshit is another thing, I'm sure there are lots of other things people can do. These actions aren't mutually exclusive right?

Rather than marching why not volunteeer to help clean wards, might help with the MRSA thing.

(just a thought - don't expect me to join in though!)

Well if the government (and a condescending ad campaign) are anything to go by, the only problem with the health service is not washing your hands. So I'm sure that'll be sorted soon enough. :rolleyes:

P.S. I'm not involved in this, just thought I'd put it up.

Rather than marching why not volunteeer to help clean wards, might help with the MRSA thing.

(just a thought - don't expect me to join in though!)
I've a mate who worked summers cleaning some hospital in cork. I wouldn't say the state of the irish health system comes down to unclean wards.

LOL at tags, keep them coming! :)

You need to find some way to blame the US, otherwise you'll get a poor turnout.

Well, Mary Harney wants a US style private health care system though nobody has told her that they don't even want it. That's a tenuous US link, maybe that helps. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back