Maradona Jnr. (1 Viewer)

P. Littbarski

Maradona junior set for Scotland
Last updated: 06-03-03, 08:25

Argentie soccer superstar Diego Maradona's son could be set to play for Scottish First Division side Clyde.

Diego Junior, who is only 16, is currently with Italian Serie B side Napoli, where his father became a legend in the late 80s and early 90s.

Clyde boss Alan Kernaghan told The Sun newspaper: "I took a phone call out of the blue last week from a TV company acting on behalf of Napoli about the possibility of Diego Maradona's son coming to Clyde.

"At the moment, he's too young to play for the first team there and they want to put him out on loan next season.

" There would certainly be a lot of good publicity generated from him coming to Clyde but I wouldn't just sign him for that. "They said they can't really put him on loan to another Italian club because there would be too much pressure on him with the media there.

"I haven't really had the chance to look into it because we're fighting for promotion but it is definitely something we will check out in the summer.

It is unlikely Maradona will come to watch his boy though - he has never even met him but the Italian courts confirmed the boy was his son after DNA tests were carried out in 1993.

being maradonas son would be cool, cept the poor guy never met him really...is that the ex-Ireland international Alan Kernaghan?

what a load of shite he was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back