making a witness statement.. (1 Viewer)

the departed

so i witnessed an incident in dun laoghaire. i was the only witness and the case rests on me. the gardai want me to make the statement in dun laoghaire but i dont want to go all the way from malahide to do it.
can i just do it in my local station?
stupid junkie.

What happened?
ugh shortened version:
got on bus. only person on it. i was in a hurry.
bus pulled away.
bus got to traffic lights around 50 metres from stop.
junkie came to door and started knocking and telling the driver to let him on.
driver said sorry but the stop is back there.
cue a small arguement with junkie banging on door.
traffic moves a few feet forward.
bus moves a few feet forward.
junkie, who was facing the door and hitting it with his hands grabs his back and goes,
'AH YE HIT ME WIT DE BUSSS. AH ME BACK".
obviously, the bus was nowhere near the guy.
he couldve at least said he ran over his foot or something. or bashed his arm.
junkie somehow phones the guards. so does bus driver.
i get angry cos im late.
but its okay cos the driver was nice and the junkie was a chancing bollix.
so as the only witness there ive to make a statement saying he wasnt hit by the bus. hate to see that fucker win a court case.
but its farr farr away.

Guards are usually pretty accomodating with this shit.
Ring DL garda station, tell them the situation and ask if you can make the statement in Malahide, or somewhere else. You don't have your own transport, work commitments, blah de blah, but you still want to make a statement. They'll know what to do.

All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

21701762_taxi2_s2.jpg

so i witnessed an incident in dun laoghaire. i was the only witness and the case rests on me. the gardai want me to make the statement in dun laoghaire but i dont want to go all the way from malahide to do it.
can i just do it in my local station?
stupid junkie.

I don't think so. There'll be a garda assigned to put together a case (or collect the details of the case). When they're done they present their case to the sergeant who then decides whether it goes further or not (trust me, in this case it won't). The point being, that the garda will be stationed in the station whose jurisdiction this happened in. So it'll either be him/her travelling to meet you, or vice versa. I'm pretty sure they'll insist on you travelling.

I've given a couple of these things in my time. They're nothing much to worry about, so don't be fretting.

I don't think so. There'll be a garda assigned to put together a case (or collect the details of the case). When they're done they present their case to the sergeant who then decides whether it goes further or not (trust me, in this case it won't). The point being, that the garda will be stationed in the station whose jurisdiction this happened in. So it'll either be him/her travelling to meet you, or vice versa. I'm pretty sure they'll insist on you travelling.

I've given a couple of these things in my time. They're nothing much to worry about, so don't be fretting.
bingo, just rang me to tell me to come out on paddys day.
drunk statements are cool yeah?
"annd he woz wearing a...big Fluffy Hat!!! bleuuuurgh."

All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal. Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets.

21701762_taxi2_s2.jpg

My favourite opening to a film ever. Brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back