Major Complaints Thread (6 Viewers)

I have a big old Laney, that I love. It started to manifest a big buzz, particularly whenever I played a Dflat on the low E string. Took it to several amp people, who could find nothing wrong, and this lasted a couple of years. Eventually took it to the late Mark Levins of Aladdins Amps who suggesting just fucking loads of glue into the cab, go over any joins near where the buzz seemed to be emanating from. Immediately fixed.
Mine is an oldish vox pathfinder 15r - it's a really basic, but really nice sounding practice amp.

Not worth bring to a tech - I've read of some people re capping the power section etc, which would be a fix well within my capabilities - just not sure if it bothers me enough to do something about just yet, but bothers me enough to bother me (if you know what I mean!).

I am not able to cope with people continually repeating mistakes and not learning from them. Shocking lack of awareness in my eyes.
A lot of it in my house revolves around people eating messy food that I gave up eating over 30 years ago.
When people can't verbally explain why they behave a certain way, I am not able to process that. This often comes up when I talk about rejecting orthodox lifestyle choices.
I rarely get thanked for my work either.
I say "please", "thank you" and "sorry" a lot and find it strange when people don't.
I have no issues with anyone here other than the maintenance and cleaning of the house.
I've calmed down and will get back to work shortly.
In other words, I really should be living alone.
As a dead French lad said - "Hell is other people".
Have spoken to my mother about this and got a good response.
A bit of clean as you go and letting me know when people are coming or not coming. Communication would sort all this out. You can never give me too much information.
My nephews and their folks are going to Catalunya on Friday. They deserve a nice holiday and house will be quieter for a week+.
BTW the messessesesss this morning weren't caused by the lads!

I was a bit like that, but probably messier, so it is possible for people to change.
One time, my house was broken into and the Gardai were waiting for me when I got home, to warn me that they’d really messed up the place. My Dad walked in with me and gave me a discreet kick when I was halfway through saying “it’s actually not much different”.
I’ve gotten a lot better, but I did spend a few years living with Hives, who is a bit… particular.
You wore me down a bit and we reached a comfy common ground.

You wore me down a bit and we reached a comfy common ground.

This is where I live.

Except none of us are VERY particular. We each have things that irk more than other things. For me it might be the bins overflowing,even while people had guests over.
But now I just do the bins and that's that. And when I can't I'll mention that I can't.

There's sensible things each of us do without complaints, and we'll do other stuff if we notice that it's not getting done.

We have found a working medium, pretty much.

Expensive custom aluminium neck guitar that I only got a few months ago has loads of cracks appear the last few weeks. It started with one half a mil wide right down the middle between the strings. It messaged him and he said yeah just used black glue and sawdust. Which I could have managed / accepted but this has gone beyond acceptable. I'm waiting for him to reply but either he is going to take the hit and pay for shipping both ways to get repaired by him or I take it to a luthier to fix and he can foo the bill. IMG_2744.jpeg IMG_2751.jpeg IMG_2746.jpeg IMG_2748.jpeg IMG_2706.jpeg

one suspicion i would have was that the wood wasn't seasoned fully, or stored somewhere a little humid. so it shrunk and cracked after final assembly.
Yep - my thoughts exactly.

It’s why I always bring my builds into the house fully strung up for a week or so before final finishing. Let the raw timber dry and shift if it needs to, and then I can pinch glue or fill any minor cracks.

Pretty poor from an expensive build from a professional luthier I’d say

Picking and choosing which funerals or weddings I can attend.

I went to one funeral (in Bristol)*, because I felt like someone had to. In doing so I had to forego a funeral in Scotland and an actual blood relatives funeral in Ireland.
And also a wedding in Ireland, which I know the bride organised specifically to make it as easy as possible for dirty immigrants like me to get to. Her sister got married in Spain and no one went. Because Spain. This wedding includes a lift to Attenry, but I just don't see a way to do it.

*Been trying to explain why that funeral was important to me, but I don't think the family get it, which makes me look and feel like a prick.

Yeah I don't think he let it sit long enough inside before making a guitar body out of it
i suspect any decent luthier would look at that - especially the two layers delaminating - and wouldn't touch it. to fix those layers delaminating would probably require a complete strip down, split the body apart and re-glue. you don't fix that simply by injecting a bit of glue or using a crack filler.

i suspect any decent luthier would look at that - especially the two layers delaminating - and wouldn't touch it. to fix those layers delaminating would probably require a complete strip down, split the body apart and re-glue. you don't fix that simply by injecting a bit of glue or using a crack filler.
Yeah, it’s not a minor crack opening by any means

Yeah, it’s not a minor crack opening by any means

Looks like it's getting shipped back to him

Urgh, ordered some records last week from the US, first time in years. Don't know what I was thinking, reading the above. Being delivered by something called DHL first mile, anyone had any joy with easy customs with that?
Got me customs notice this morning, only wanted 4 quid. Not too bad

Users who are viewing this thread

• egg_
  • Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back