Major Complaints Thread (4 Viewers)

Having lived without four front teeth for four years I can attest to the need for teeth. Maybe given your diet of oats etc you can live without them but for me and my love of sandwiches and varied foods it was a total pain in the arse/jaw. But even then I presume you're gonna want to chew your food right?

That little sharp bit when they really get in between the gaps in my lower front teeth. Fuck me. It's almost psychotic.

I generally like gong to the dentist. Lie back, open your mouth, get a bit of attention for a while. Those cleaning appointments can be a different beast.

I remember a speech therapist who worked in nursing homes saying that her one wish was that people would floss, lifelong. When people floss and have healthy gums they keep their own teeth longer and if they have to get partial dentures they fit properly for longer. She was seeing a lot of people whose dentures didn't fit, they got tired of working so hard to talk and just stopped talking and got shut in.

And if terror isn't enough to make you floss, you can get flossers that look like an anteater if you hold them at the right angle!
flosser.jpeg

I remember a speech therapist who worked in nursing homes saying that her one wish was that people would floss, lifelong. When people floss and have healthy gums they keep their own teeth longer and if they have to get partial dentures they fit properly for longer. She was seeing a lot of people whose dentures didn't fit, they got tired of working so hard to talk and just stopped talking and got shut in.

And if terror isn't enough to make you floss, you can get flossers that look like an anteater if you hold them at the right angle!
View attachment 17640
I'm a fan of the cheap lidl floss in the little orange plastic container. It has kept me looking young and beautiful all these years.

Having lived without four front teeth for four years I can attest to the need for teeth. Maybe given your diet of oats etc you can live without them but for me and my love of sandwiches and varied foods it was a total pain in the arse/jaw. But even then I presume you're gonna want to chew your food right?
Jees
That sounds awful
Have you had replacements put in?

Jees
That sounds awful
Have you had replacements put in?

Yeah see previous post about my smile for the last 9 years. I'm sure I explained the incident itself when we were last discussing helmets and cycling.

Quick summary. I have a bridge across my six front teeth using various bits of teeth to hold it in. The damage to my upper jaw was too much for implants. 🙂

Ps I don't floss but do use an electric toothbrush

Charlotte Hornets Fan GIF by NBA

Great - a couple of people in my family have dentures as their front teeth were knocked out.

The procedures I mentioned were overrated or hugely over priced.
There was a narrative on this thread that dental health was physical health. That is an overall lifestyle thing not just teeth alone - Heroin doesn't makes people's teeth fall out but being an addict for 20 years might.

Dentists make a lot of money off stigmatising people's teeth.

I don't eat food with added sugar but not everybody wants to do that either.

Yeah see previous post about my smile for the last 9 years. I'm sure I explained the incident itself when we were last discussing helmets and cycling.

Quick summary. I have a bridge across my six front teeth using various bits of teeth to hold it in. The damage to my upper jaw was too much for implants. 🙂

Ps I don't floss but do use an electric toothbrush
Cycling. Just say no.

Glad you got this sorted though

Great - a couple of people in my family have dentures as their front teeth were knocked out.

The procedures I mentioned were overrated or hugely over priced.
There was a narrative on this thread that dental health was physical health. That is an overall lifestyle thing not just teeth alone - Heroin doesn't makes people's teeth fall out but being an addict for 20 years might.

Dentists make a lot of money off stigmatising people's teeth.

I don't eat food with added sugar but not everybody wants to do that either.

regular trips to the dentist is part of overall physical health, if only to detect this early:

Oral health also is linked to heart disease and neurodegeneration so there you go.

And @nuke terrorist, I know you’re saying that you’re not eating sugary foods but clearly something is going wrong if they keep finding teeth to do root canals on. I have a terrible diet and I haven’t ever had any major issues with my teeth (I just brush and get them cleaned at the dentist every once in a while).

Oral health also is linked to heart disease and neurodegeneration so there you go.

And @nuke terrorist, I know you’re saying that you’re not eating sugary foods but clearly something is going wrong if they keep finding teeth to do root canals on. I have a terrible diet and I haven’t ever had any major issues with my teeth (I just brush and get them cleaned at the dentist every once in a while).
Last root canal offer was in 2011.
I drank loads of Orange juice until early 2007.

I'm a bit obsessive about looking after my teeth. To me it is important.
I go to the dentist twice a year, sometimes more.
Its money well spent imho.
I don't need to be any worse looking..............

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back